Topic: buying online with deposit first is safe?

Posted on: 23rd Aug 2017 11:23 AM    Quote and Reply

please advice me, there are some online seller want to deposit before the checking their item upon delivery.
they dont have a shop or place to meet up to check thier bikes, but only deposit and deliver. they said that's thier sales policy.

is this safe?

thank you for your reply.
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Aug 2017 1:14 PM    Quote and Reply

No. Never pay anything until you have the item on hand. Move on to the next seller. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

If you are observant enough, you will see certain sellers always posting very good deals on high end bikes, and they want deposit upfront.

I'd stay very far away from them.

Regular Forumer
81 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Aug 2017 9:37 AM    Quote and Reply

What about those from USA? I saw some titanium bike on offer from there, there need payment first via Paypal etc, is it safe? Look very professional type, ask size wheels etc

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Aug 2017 9:38 AM    Quote and Reply

Maybe check the seller review first (if any recent review).
That would help to determine if it is a legit sales or just a scam. 

Next, try to agree on meetup place (preferably public place) to see the items and inspect it yourself.
Only agree to pay after you got the item. 

If seller insist on the deposit, it is probably a sign that you should walk away and find other seller.

Not all online seller are bad, you just have to do your due dilligence to check and take all measure to prevent yourself being cheated.

It is tedious, but you might get yourself a bargain after all that hardwork.

Good luck.

Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings