Topic: [Video] Tampines to Singapore Sports Hub

Posted on: 17th Oct 2016 2:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Hmm just saw your latest video Tampines to Little India ^^ I do that route a lot as i have breakfast on certain weekends there. Not sure which part of Tampines you starting from but just to share my route

Tamp Ave 9/10 --> Bedok North Road (along Bedok Reservior) --> Bedok Reservior Rd/Kaki Bukit Ave 1 ---> Ubi Ave 2 ---> Paya Lebar Road --> Geylang/Kallang Rd --> Victoria St/Rochor Rd

Regular Forumer
172 posts
Forum Rep: 27

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Oct 2016 2:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fevernova:

Just curious, do you have a shower facility at work? 

I've tried riding to work once and when I arrived, I was definitely in need of a shower. 

"
Yeah fortunately I do. If no shower, perhaps wipe down with towel or wet wipes?

http://www.sgcyclist.com/
Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Oct 2016 2:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: Hmm just saw your latest video Tampines to Little India ^^ I do that route a lot as i have breakfast on certain weekends there. Not sure which part of Tampines you starting from but just to share my route

Tamp Ave 9/10 --> Bedok North Road (along Bedok Reservior) --> Bedok Reservior Rd/Kaki Bukit Ave 1 ---> Ubi Ave 2 ---> Paya Lebar Road --> Geylang/Kallang Rd --> Victoria St/Rochor Rd"

Thanks for sharing. I've tried tamp ave 1 -> bedok reservoir rd -> eunos link -> macpherson rd -> bendemeer rd before, but didn't like the traffic. Also hate left turn only lanes when I want to go straight and traffic is heavy, filtering right can be scary sometimes.

When going home I usually go by Kallang Riverside PCN to Merdeka bridge, Sports Hub then East Coast Park, longer distance but due to less traffic stops isn't too much longer in terms of time.

http://www.sgcyclist.com/
Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2019 3:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Oh btw near the end of last year the new Halus link opened and us East Siders now have a short cut if travelling to punggol! I've since been a regular across it and the gradient isn't too bad and it was a pleasant journey ^^ One could now do Punggol Central to Seletar North stretch immediately after the link!

Regular Forumer
172 posts
Forum Rep: 27

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings