Topic: Pasir Ris/Tampines Riders

Posted on: 15th Dec 2014 7:02 PM    Quote and Reply

I know this thread has been dead for awhile. But I'm just gonna reply anway!
I stay in Tampines and I cycle to work everyday(Loyang). I'm looking for people who enjoy leisure rides on PCN. I only cycle 2 routes though, Tamp-Changi-ECP, and Tamp-Pasir Ris-Punggol Park. But I'd love to explore new places. Anyone organising an even pls pm me! 

PS. I'm working on rotating shift, so might not be able to make it on certain days. I'm riding a roadie. 

Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Jan 2015 12:36 PM    Quote and Reply

Anyone staying tampines interested in cycling to t15 mtb trail? if we have 3 or 4 person can book transport service and share cost too. then not so tired cycling there. 

PM me your contacts. I'm free most of the time 24/7 since i'm student.  

iHerb.com, $10 off order! - Discount code: DJV648
Regular Forumer
185 posts
Forum Rep: 48

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Feb 2015 1:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Am keen to arrange for small group weekly ride on Monday evening start about 6:30PM at Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple, ride to Changi Coast Park -> Changi Coastal Rd -> East Cost Park Bedok Jetty and then u-turn back.

If all else fails I shall still go alone. Just figured some company would be good.

Speed: about 22-25km/h average

PM me to arrange

Regular Forumer
286 posts
Forum Rep: 34

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th Oct 2015 2:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, planning to organise a trip to coney island.

SP: Pasir Ris-Punggol park connector bridge.

Route: Will make way to coney island and around punggol area.

EP: Punggol Jetty Park

PM me or leave a reply if interested.

Drop me a PM if interested to join for casual ride!
Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Nov 2015 2:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Hihi,

I am Edward from Pasir Ris. 

Did round island cycling 2 times now with my only friend who is crazy with me.
We took around 11 hours, with 3 breaks at food court near vivo, Woodlands and Punggol. 
There were a lot of non-link pedestrian way, those ___/ so I have to push my way over those bumps as I cycle roadie. MTB will be very good over those bumps.

My route were be
PasirRis > Loyang > ChangiVillage > ECP > City > Vivo > Kepple Viaduct > WestCoast > Pandan Reservior > Jln Buroh > Benoi Road > Upper Jurong Rd > Nanyang Cres > Lim Chu Kang Rd > Neo Tiew Rd > Kranji Rd > Woodlands > Admiralty Rd W > Admiralty Rd E > Yishun ave 6 > Seletar North Link > Punggol Way > Punggol along beach > Pasir Ris Farmway

Road at ChangiVillage, ECP, LimChuKang/NeoTiew/Punggolbeach will be faster as it's straight road.
Everywhere else will be slower as we cycle by bicycle lane or pedestrian path (give way to pedestrian).
Speed can range from 10km/h to 35km/h, but of course we stick together.

I plan to cycle again on 20th or 27th.

Date: 20/Nov or 27/Nov(Both saturday)
Time: Breakfast at PasirRis around 07:30hr, depart 08:00hr
Duration: Depending on weather, cycle speed and number of breaks, can take up to 12 hours.
Items to bring: HELMAT!! water for hydration, front and rear lights, spare tube if possible.

If you are interested, can reply to this post. I will check from time to time again.
I am looking to around 5 to 6 people. Not too many as I never host any before.

*Your life depends on you, cycle at your own risk*

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Nov 2015 2:39 AM    Quote and Reply

I am a new roadie rider staying in Pasir Ris looking for kakis to ride on Friday or Saturday night only.  Preferably on PCN that needs an "Indian Chief" for guidance but with an average speed about 20 to 25 km/h leisure rider.  I am 50 years of age and sadly to say I am a smoker if the group don't really mind.  Do drop me a PM and will gladly response to the organiser.  Thank you.

Regular Forumer
24 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Sep 2016 9:49 PM    Quote and Reply

I stay pasir ris and ride a road bike w average speed 25kph. Wonder if there is any group that ride from pasir ris here on weekend. Thk

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Sep 2016 11:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,
 I am in Pasir Ris too. Pmed you

Regular Forumer
1,542 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Sep 2016 8:46 AM    Quote and Reply

There are tones of groups, depending on speed, distance and number of breaks. 
Just PM me, we can chat more. 

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Sep 2016 10:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Kenny88: I am a new roadie rider staying in Pasir Ris looking for kakis to ride on Friday or Saturday night only.  Preferably on PCN that needs an "Indian Chief" for guidance but with an average speed about 20 to 25 km/h leisure rider.  I am 50 years of age and sadly to say I am a smoker if the group don't really mind.  Do drop me a PM and will gladly response to the organiser.  Thank you."

I am just like you, old man too, 20 to 25km is just nice for me too. I usually cruise along PCN at a slow pace of 25kmh, like to cycle with an Eastern gp too at normal hour, tks

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings