Topic: Pasir Ris/Tampines Riders

Posted on: 1st Oct 2016 4:06 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys,

I am a newbie and stays near pasir ris. Keen to ride. Anybody looking to ride can PM?  Or can I PM any groups here? Thanks

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Oct 2016 11:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys, im also a newbie.

Riding a modded hybrid bike, average speed 25kmh, stays at pasir ris.

Usual routes are to Changi V, and to Ponggol via Lor Halus, distance from 7km to 30km.

Usually in PCN, but as much as i can or whenever traffic isnt too heavy, i will go on-road.

Looking for like minded riders to keep in touch and ride together.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Apr 2017 5:56 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi in case some of you Far Eastern cyclists aren't aware : the unofficial "longkang" (drain) shortcut along Pasir Ris Dr 3 to Lorong Halus/Coney Island Pasir Ris Entrance that was closed late last year is now opened/upgraded with lights along the path and is now officially part of Pasir Ris PCN!

Also in 11 days time i.e 22nd April we Easterners would enjoy the newly opened extended Tanah Merah Coast Road which would feature Singapore's 1st on road cycling lane!

Quote:
"The extended Tanah Merah Coast Road will feature an additional on-road cycling lane on both sides of the road.Motorists are advised to drive carefully. They are also advised to look out for cyclists using the on-road cycling lane, and not to drive into the on-road cycling lane at all times. Cyclists should be alert and on the lookout for traffic, especially turning vehicles. They should not venture out of the on-road cycling lane onto the road itself.  Recreational cyclists are advised to use the park connector instead of the on-road cycling lane."

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=51d0aa5f-99e0-46af-95d4-dd0c329bff74

Regular Forumer
181 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Apr 2017 3:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Update : did the new Tanah Merah Coast Rd cycling path @ road with pics ^^
Changi Coastal Road cordoned off
PCN along Aviation Park Road (no on road cycling path yet)
Finally start of on road cycling path once hit Tanah Merah Coast Road wee~ Red strips demarcate road path for motorised vehicles and bicycles
All in all those used to do Coastal route would find this new route a bit longer but good to pack in the miles ya! Oh enter East Coast Park via NSRCC @ Changi Coast Walk

Regular Forumer
181 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Mar 2018 8:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Anyone still keen to ride here? Pasir ris MTB rider keen on pcn and trails! 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd May 2019 6:48 PM    Quote and Reply

How do I join this group for rides?

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th May 2019 1:09 PM    Quote and Reply