Topic: Bicycle parking bay in City Hall?

Posted on: 7th May 2013 2:37 PM    Quote and Reply

I want to try to cycle to work, as i stay not far from Cityhall where I work .. 

But anyone know where can I park my bike in Cityhall area around Funan??? I will be riding on my $350 GT so its not gonna be nice if i hv it stolen or removed from illegal parking..

Thks in adv ! 
Regular Forumer
73 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 7th May 2013 4:17 PM    Quote and Reply

I know that some of the commerical buildings around CBD have parking lots for bicycles, e.g. One Raffles Quay  has bicycle lots in the carparks. 

You may want to check if there are commerical buildings in City hall that have bicycle parking lots in their carparks. 

I have no respect for irresponsible drivers. Neither do I have any respect for irresponsible cyclists and pedestrians. Its not one rule for "them" and another rule for "us".
Regular Forumer
223 posts
Forum Rep: 22

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th May 2013 4:24 PM    Quote and Reply

I don't remember there is one near by.

best is that you get a folding bike and bring it to your office.  or get some help from the security guards from your office building. 

Life is a journey and I am just an another wanderer.
http://www.mybikesnhikes.com
Regular Forumer
525 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th May 2013 4:26 PM    Quote and Reply

I thought of a foldable bike but i dont want to spent more on another bike.. maybe later on i go over to Funan and ask the customer service there.. 

Regular Forumer
73 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 12:07 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by tsq88: I thought of a foldable bike but i dont want to spent more on another bike.. maybe later on i go over to Funan and ask the customer service there.. "

Hi may i know where you parked? Planning to ride down funan in 2 weeks time. Or anyone can advise? Thanks

Regular Forumer
92 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 4:05 AM    Quote and Reply

Can check around your workplace more thoroughly for suitable places to lock your bike? My ex-colleague simply locked his 8K road bike besides mine at Marina Sq.

Regular Forumer
6,165 posts
Forum Rep: 40

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 8:59 AM    Quote and Reply

Funan do not allow bicycle parking... Adephi i did not chk. 

Regular Forumer
73 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 1:45 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: Can check around your workplace more thoroughly for suitable places to lock your bike? My ex-colleague simply locked his 8K road bike besides mine at Marina Sq. "

Hi, may I ask which part of Marina Square? Is there specific bicycle parking area Or you simply lock outside? thank you

Regular Forumer
92 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 3:48 PM    Quote and Reply

When I worked in an office tower I just used to bring my road bike up to the office in the elevator then put it behind my cubicle with a cover over it - no one ever said a word. I have always found that it is much better to do something then beg for forgiveness later; rather than ask for permission at the outset. Asking for permission usually involves someone having to make a decision that they are then responsible for and the default response is no.
Where I work now the company has secure bike racks under the stairwells which require building access cards to get to + free hot showers; pretty progressive for Singapore 

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 14th Oct 2014 6:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by keong81:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: Can check around your workplace more thoroughly for suitable places to lock your bike? My ex-colleague simply locked his 8K road bike besides mine at Marina Sq. "

Hi, may I ask which part of Marina Square? Is there specific bicycle parking area Or you simply lock outside? thank you"

Besides Pan Pacific Hotel. But one day he found the wirelesss cyclometer missing (his road bike cost many times more than mine). 

Regular Forumer
6,165 posts
Forum Rep: 40

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Oct 2014 9:28 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by tsq88: I want to try to cycle to work, as i stay not far from Cityhall where I work .. 

But anyone know where can I park my bike in Cityhall area around Funan??? I will be riding on my $350 GT so its not gonna be nice if i hv it stolen or removed from illegal parking..

Thks in adv ! "

I also cycle to citihall to work. Where you stay?

Usuallu i park my bike in the office.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings