Topic: Cycling route

Posted on: 24th Jan 2012 1:19 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi Wally,
I did a 70km ride with my son on Sunday 22 Jan from 7am.
In fact, our route (see link below) passed by Bukit Merah.
http://www.strava.com/rides/72-kilometers-3514190
You will find "rolling hill" terrain between Upper Thomson Rd to Sembawang Rd stretch.
I intend to ride this route again on Sunday 29 Jan morning from 7am.
You may join me along Bukit Merah.
I am riding a black/green CAAD 10, and my son an Argon 18 bike.

regards
colin

Regular Forumer
68 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Riding:
Posted on: 25th Jan 2012 11:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by FireSpitter:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by bonafido: Hi, im staying in Tiong bahru and find it quite hard to find kaki here. only weekend i ride once at ECP-Coastal road which i need to ride to meet my kaki. m looking for kaki for some early morning or night  weekday ride. need to ride more often to slim down.:)"

You still into riding meh?"

of coz lah, just changed new carbon handle bar and stem. got to ride more liao. 

Regular Forumer
12 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th Jan 2012 12:51 AM    Quote and Reply

Dear Colin,

Thanks for sharing again your route. You got me interested cycling towards the west.

I was cycling yesterday late afternoon from Pasir Panjang road towards Jalan Buloh/ Tuas. It was a nice place to ride! Roads were wide and quiet (holiday and weekend period) except for some potholes and wild dogs issues.  Not forgetting some funny odour along the way. But it was fun.

Just curious about Lornie road, because it is such a dangerous road to ride on with all that heavy traffics and super narrow roads. How do you do it?

Yoke Lim

Regular Forumer
41 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Shadow
Posted on: 26th Jan 2012 10:38 AM    Quote and Reply

I stay along Depot Rd too. West is the place to ride, with all the hills, which the Eastern riders envy.
Colin, your ave speed of 25kmh is a little too fast for me. I joined the Joyriders 'no-stress' group on 2nd day of CNY, which started at 6:20 from Thomson. I start earlier as i have to get home by 8+.

Regular Forumer
15 posts

Posted on: 26th Jan 2012 12:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear Yoke Lim,
I rode Jalan Buroh-Tuas route once, but didn't like the pot holes.
I chose Lornie Road because it is the shortest to get to Upper Thomson Road, a popular road for cyclists.
It is relatively safe to ride on Lornie Road on Sunday morning, as there are less traffic, and you are more likely to meet other cyclists. You should try it some day. 
I will be riding the same route this Sunday morning.

regards
colin

Quote:
"Formerly posted by yokelimyap: Dear Colin,

Thanks for sharing again your route. You got me interested cycling towards the west.

I was cycling yesterday late afternoon from Pasir Panjang road towards Jalan Buloh/ Tuas. It was a nice place to ride! Roads were wide and quiet (holiday and weekend period) except for some potholes and wild dogs issues.  Not forgetting some funny odour along the way. But it was fun.

Just curious about Lornie road, because it is such a dangerous road to ride on with all that heavy traffics and super narrow roads. How do you do it?

Yoke Lim"

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 26th Jan 2012 12:18 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi BobaFett,
Hope you enjoyed your ride. I found the rolling hill terrain from Upper Thomson to Mandai Road challenging for me.
I was overtaken by many cyclists, and had to ride alone for most part of the journey.
Perhaps one day I will be able to catchup with those groups.

regards
colin

Quote:
"Formerly posted by BobaFett: I stay along Depot Rd too. West is the place to ride, with all the hills, which the Eastern riders envy.
Colin, your ave speed of 25kmh is a little too fast for me. I joined the Joyriders 'no-stress' group on 2nd day of CNY, which started at 6:20 from Thomson. I start earlier as i have to get home by 8+."

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 28th Jan 2012 11:07 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Wally,
I won't be passing BM tomorrow (Sunday 29 Jan) morning.
I am am taking another route to Upper Thomson Rd.
If you wish to join, we can meet at Pasir Panjang MRT carpark at 7am.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Wally: any more rides ? live in BM central :D"

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 30th Jan 2012 10:45 PM    Quote and Reply

hi k2chui
Din check the forum the past few days. sorry about that. Do you guys mind if i ride a foldie. ?
Maybe we should create a more user friendly website eg facebook or something and gather all the riders that stay in this part of singapore :D 

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Jan 2012 2:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Are you guys riding ROAD bikes or something else??

I'm Immuned to Poisons....

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Feb 2012 12:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Hello Wally,
Thank you for your interest.
Last Sunday, I rode with Ben Martin and my son Chris. We started from Pasir Panjang MRT/Hawker Centre.
You can find the route we took on http://www.strava.com/rides/65-kilometers-3690044
All of us are riding road bikes.
You may have difficulty catching up on a foldie. I may be wrong, as I have seen fast foldie riders.
If you are still keen to join, the next ride is this Sunday 4 Feb, 7am from same starting place and route.

regards
colin

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Wally: hi k2chui
Din check the forum the past few days. sorry about that. Do you guys mind if i ride a foldie. ?
Maybe we should create a more user friendly website eg facebook or something and gather all the riders that stay in this part of singapore :D "

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings