Topic: Cycling route

Posted on: 31st Dec 2011 8:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear South riders,
I would like to share a route which I have been using for my workouts.
This 38.7 km route is ideal if you are training for OCBC 39km challenge.
It has a few climbs, and not too many traffic lights.
Best time to ride is weekday after 8pm, or on weekend when traffic is light

You can view this route at http://app.strava.com/rides/2970598
or at http://www.endomondo.com/routes.29

best wishes and happy New Year
colin

Regular Forumer
68 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2011 10:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear Colin,

Thanks for sharing this route. I stay in Depot Road, and I ride a similar route, but I make a turn at Penjuru Road.

I even ride the same bike as yours (my CAAD 10 have the same colour too!)  

Hope to meet up with you some times!

Regular Forumer
41 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Shadow
Posted on: 1st Jan 2012 1:06 PM    Quote and Reply

tks for sharing too..
i live in bukit merah central and is finding diffculities getting friends arund who ride.
most live in north..

happy new yr!!     

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Jan 2012 11:12 PM    Quote and Reply

I stay along Depot Rd too. Used to join groups at Thomson but getting there means I'll have to get up really early & I'm partially cooked at the start. Then turned to solo riding to Discovery Centre & back (40-50k) or loops at Mt Faber. Strange that the South Ride thread is quiet dispite the great hilly rides ard here. For group rides, I' turned to the West Rides thread.

Recently been riding solo up to Lim Chu Kang to intercept groups coming from Neo Tiew. That way I get my solo rides, fast paced group rides & don't need to get up before 6.

Regular Forumer
15 posts

Posted on: 3rd Jan 2012 12:06 AM    Quote and Reply

Sometimes I ride to CBD area up to Nicoll Highway to my workplace during weekends, when there are not too many cars in the city. It can be fun! The only problem is there are too many traffic lights.

Regular Forumer
41 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Shadow
Posted on: 4th Jan 2012 2:15 AM    Quote and Reply

I am also looking for group rides. I wanted to join Joy Rider group, but their meeting point is at Thomson Road Long house. I joined Dezzello Cycle group which normally rides on Sunday morning from 7am, starting point at Blk 527 CCK, Opp Limbang shopping centre. But I have yet to join their rides. CKK is too far away.
Perhaps we should form our own group in the South.
My son who is serving NS is also riding with me on weekends.

regards/colin   

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 5th Jan 2012 5:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Colin,
Noticed that u start from Pasir Panjang. During my rides towards the West along this road I'm overtaken by at least 2 groups & been wanting to acquaint with them.
Towards CBD wld be good as it does not have the trailers like West Coast on Sat. But like Yoke mentioned, too many traffic lights & also with the Sports Hub being constructed, otherwise it's a nice u-turn thru the stadium roads.
Will PM u guys my timing if I'm cycling this Sat. 

Regular Forumer
15 posts

Posted on: 5th Jan 2012 11:54 PM    Quote and Reply

A good meeting point would be at carpark near Labrador Park MRT station if we can find a common day/time of the week among us.
There are groups (not based in the South) that pass by West Coast and South Buona Vista road. I used to join one such group on a Sunday morning. This group starts at Bukit Batok and they would stop for a break at Woodlands Central hawker centre, before dispersing. Not familiar with the route back to Pasir Panjang, I was fortunate to follow one member who lives in West Coast area. That was the only time I did 100 km.

If you are interested in long rides, there is a bike rally on 26 Feb organized by NTU Sports Club.
Details at http://bikerally.ntusportsclub.sg/register.html 

regards
colin

Regular Forumer
68 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 21st Jan 2012 9:45 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, im staying in Tiong bahru and find it quite hard to find kaki here. only weekend i ride once at ECP-Coastal road which i need to ride to meet my kaki. m looking for kaki for some early morning or night  weekday ride. need to ride more often to slim down.:)

Regular Forumer
12 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 21st Jan 2012 10:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by bonafido: Hi, im staying in Tiong bahru and find it quite hard to find kaki here. only weekend i ride once at ECP-Coastal road which i need to ride to meet my kaki. m looking for kaki for some early morning or night  weekday ride. need to ride more often to slim down.:)"

You still into riding meh?

Regular Forumer
142 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jan 2012 8:28 PM    Quote and Reply

any more rides ? live in BM central

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings