Topic: Beginner/slower cyclists in Hgg/Sengkang/Punggol

Posted on: 20th Nov 2017 6:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

Have a MTB and looking for kakis to ride around the area and further in the long term. Dont have any road cycling experience, so need help to plan routes that are suitable for beginners and relatively safe.

Thanks!
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Nov 2017 1:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Welcome to the world of cycling! Like you i too am a MTBiker and tackle any terrain including roads. My suggestion is if you are road heavy then choosing the right tires is very crucial - i learnt it the hard way haha ^^ You see off road tires (high/aggresive profile threads) + road/tarmac = high rolling resistance the the tire wears out rather fast! A more road friendlier tires (lower profile threads) and slightly higher pressures (compared to trails for example) i find are awesome on MTBs and since they can take thicker tires they take hit from potholes, etc with ease too! IMHO a fairly str8 forward beginner route would be exiting Punggol PCN @ Jewel Bridge and getting on to the Seletar North Link? Make your way towards Yishun Dam/Ave 1 and maybe end at MacRitche Reservior perhaps?

Regular Forumer
173 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Nov 2017 10:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi pinelights,

Thank you for the pointers, will try out the route! Any kakis who want to join?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings