Topic: punggol to east coast

Posted on: 5th May 2014 3:32 PM    Quote and Reply

I took a look at the route. I have a few comments in the context of the OP who said he/she was uncomfortable on the road.

1) You will be required to cycle on the road under TPE flyover on Pasir Ris Drive 12.

2) From Pasir Ris Drive 12 onwards and going towards Bedok North Flyover, it's pavement alongside road. Once you cross Bedok North Flyover, you need to filter left for 2 lanes on the road. Not for the faint hearted.

3) It's not possible to turn right to go Chai Chee Lane after Bedok North Flyover. That is only accessible from the opposite direction. The right way is to go by Bedok North Ave 1 and turn right. Subsequently, you will reach Upper Changi Road and you get to Kembagan MRT station and Siglap PCN.

4) Alternatively, you can cross 2 bridges and get away with road altogether. The 1st bridge is before Bedok North Flyover and the 2nd is across PIE. You must carry your bike across both though.

I hope this helps.

Senior Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th May 2014 7:06 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Warning: Thanks for the direction but I think I will like to cut through from pasir ris park.

Last Sunday I lost my way somewhere around lorong halus wetland park but group of cyclists pointed me the direction to pasir ris park, I cut through Pasir Ris Industrial Drive 1, all the way I discovered outstanding way, sungei api api, I end up at pasir ris park wow. This time I going to try cut through pasir ris farmway 1, all the way up to Pasir Ris Drive 3, turn left to sungei api api, cut through Pasir Ris park. I will try find my way cut through changi beach park, I hope I get help along the way. I have no idea how I going to do it wish me luck, if you have outstanding direction, please advice.

Why I don't cut all the way to pasir ris drive 12, end up at east coast parkway.

My point is, I not going to cycle all the way to east coast, just because I cycle to east coast. No no, don't get me wrong, my purpose, steady cycling, enjoy the scenery like river And the beach also trees, in the same time getting one point to another, cuz lah exercise burn fat enjoy outstanding breathing.
"

That's the spirit! Just wander and explore. You can try out cycling apps like MapMyRide or Runtastic or just switch on GPS for Google Maps. That way you can have an idea of where you are and won't feel so helpless if you lost your way. Do remember to charge the batteries and bring a powerbank if you need it.

Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 4

Singapore
Posted on: 5th May 2014 7:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorry but it is impossible to get truely lost in Singapore

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 5th May 2014 8:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Get the ferry from changi to pengarang an get lost........Take a risk

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 25th Sep 2017 12:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, I would like to attempt cycling from Punggol Waterway to CBD, any map? 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Sep 2017 9:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Jessklkang: Hi all, I would like to attempt cycling from Punggol Waterway to CBD, any map? 

"

You might try this route https://www.plotaroute.com/route/501859
All PCN until airport road. However, I haven't personally tested the remainder route.
Planning to take it sometime this weekend, provided weather permit,

Regular Forumer
21 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Riding:
1) XYZ
Posted on: 26th Sep 2017 1:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Is there any app to check Cycling path?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore