Topic: punggol to east coast

Posted on: 30th Aug 2013 3:41 PM    Quote and Reply

hi, can anyone advise on how to get from punggol water park to east coast via pcn or foot path? newbie here so no confidence in riding on main road yet.thanks.
Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Aug 2013 5:51 PM    Quote and Reply

you can cycle from the waterway to lor halus and exit into pasir ris following the foot path, you'll reach the pcn after downtown east. the following the pcn you'll reach changi V and cut thru changi beach park. on which you get on the coastal pcn and end up at ecp.

If ya legs ain't stopping, y'all gonna get there.
Regular Forumer
203 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Aug 2013 5:54 PM    Quote and Reply

thank you very much

Regular Forumer
27 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Aug 2013 9:01 PM    Quote and Reply

You may want to start cycling around dawn, when mtorised traffic is minimal along almost every route, to built confidence. Especially on Sundays/Public Holidays mornings.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Aug 2013 11:46 PM    Quote and Reply

will try next time. thanks. 

Regular Forumer
27 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 4th May 2014 11:22 PM    Quote and Reply

http://goo.gl/maps/zcy6Y - This is roughly one of the routes I take to cycle from Sengkang to East Coast Park.

Actually, if you look above Kembangan MRT, just above that wiggly route below the PIE, there is actually a PCN above the PIE that Google can't detect for me. The entrance is just before block 620 that you can see here:  http://goo.gl/maps/PZ82K

Total distance is about 15km and depending on your speed, it can take at least an hour to reach ECP.

Happy exploring!

Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 4

Singapore
Posted on: 5th May 2014 8:00 AM    Quote and Reply

I be trying to cycle from pg to at least changi V this Sat morning. 
Anyone taking this route too?  

Regular Forumer
12 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th May 2014 8:09 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by italianbull: I be trying to cycle from pg to at least changi V this Sat morning. 
Anyone taking this route too?  "

Piece of cake. Should have joined Kona and I yesterday morning. 

Regular Forumer
598 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th May 2014 10:18 AM    Quote and Reply

I hope my fitness can do it.. Never tried more than 30km b4.
Anyone in this sat?? 

Regular Forumer
12 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th May 2014 11:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Just take it easy and you will be fine don't try to go as fast as you can. Also try to go very early morning  or late afternoon evening - the heat during the day is pretty strength sapping at the moment, . If you make it as far as the ECP you can cycle back via the Underpass at Area G and follow the Bedok canal up to the reservoir then the Park Connectors through Tampines to Pasir Ris and back to punggol - about 50 Km - allow about 5 to 6 hours at a steady pace with breaks.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 5th May 2014 1:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Niedermayer: http://goo.gl/maps/zcy6Y - This is roughly one of the routes I take to cycle from Sengkang to East Coast Park.

Actually, if you look above Kembangan MRT, just above that wiggly route below the PIE, there is actually a PCN above the PIE that Google can't detect for me. The entrance is just before block 620 that you can see here:  http://goo.gl/maps/PZ82K

Total distance is about 15km and depending on your speed, it can take at least an hour to reach ECP.

Happy exploring!"

I use that quite a lot with the kids - its quite narrow and twisty and good fun. It brings you out at a bridge over the PIE to the path right next to Windy Heights Condo. Alot more direct and less hassel than Bedok / Chai chee back roads.
Only issues are the massive construction site at block 620 for the MRT and the fact that even though it is a dedicated cycle path with an adjacent footpath it is usually crowded with joggers

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings