Topic: Unpaved routes in Singapore (or Malaysia)

Posted on: 18th Jun 2019 11:25 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

I am looking for unpaved routes to ride my rigid bike (with dropbar).  I have cycled the green corridor and route 15 MTB track, which are both fun.  (Route 15 has some parts where the path has some sharp and big rocks, other than that it's great.)

Does anyone have other suggestions for unpaved routes suitable for rigid bikes, so grass, gravel, forested, sandy, etc?   Would there be some suitable routes on Ubin?

Or if someone has suggestions nearby in Malaysia I would also be keen to hear about it!

Thanks
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 1:45 AM    Quote and Reply

Yes Ubin would be a prime candidate but also give Coney Island a shot? it's not open to the public 24hrs though so you ought to get in there between 7am-7pm
https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/coney-island-park
what u can do is hit coney island, exit out from the pasir ris side, continue along pasir ris drive 3/loyang ave/changi village and continue via ferry to Ubin ^^ Personally as a cyclist my dream is to have a 3rd link to Malaysia which starts from Changi Village --- Ubin -- Nanas Island and ends in Johor :P

Regular Forumer
173 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 9:49 AM    Quote and Reply

On Ubin Island, there is a Blue Diamond trial and a Black Diamond trial. I had only done the Blue Diamond trial. Its is challenging for me with road bike.

Regular Forumer
6,172 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 9:52 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks both for your reply!  I will definitly do Ubin and Coney, I like the suggestion of doing both in one ride.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 9:57 AM    Quote and Reply

Dusty Coney Island trial only make bicycle chain dusty. Ubin Island better. Be careful with the Black Diamond trial. There are wild boars digging here and there. Any wild boar alone is dangerous. It may charge without being provoked.

Regular Forumer
6,172 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 3:45 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by marckr: Thanks both for your reply!  I will definitly do Ubin and Coney, I like the suggestion of doing both in one ride."

Do Coney 1st as it's way easier and gets one in the mood for tastier things to come haha

Regular Forumer
173 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings