Topic: [New Route] Halus Link Pasir Ris to Punggol!

Posted on: 26th Nov 2018 11:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Decided to explore this new link yesterday linking Pasir Ris (Farmway side) to Punggol Central ^^ My usual way is to cross the bridge @ Lorong Halus Wetlands aka "Red Bridge" then turn left along Sungei Seranggon PCN. Exit out to Sengkang East Drive then move towards Punggol East Flyover. Suffice to say this new link trims at least 15-20 minutes and is a breeze to cycle on! It also offers a new way to get on a favourite of mine the longish Upper Serangoon Road ^^ One can also get on Punggol Central --> Punggol Way --> Seletar North Link completely bypassing Punggol PCN which could be awesome on crowded weekends/public holidays!
Regular Forumer
172 posts
Forum Rep: 27

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Nov 2018 10:09 PM    Quote and Reply

WoW!

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 29th Nov 2018 3:46 AM    Quote and Reply

Managed the Punggol Central --> Punggol Way --> Seletar North Link route actually onwards to Yishun Ave 1/Sembawang/Upper Thomson and i must say it was a joy and as long as one has fairly ok road confidence no issues except maybe pebbles/stones along seletar north link haha I found the gradient on the link gentler than say Bartley East Flyover?

Regular Forumer
172 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Dec 2018 11:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Just to ask.. how the strays dogs situation in Seletar North link area?

Used to be a few of then who will chase cyclists

Regular Forumer
51 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Dec 2018 9:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Ody_2004: Just to ask.. how the strays dogs situation in Seletar North link area?

Used to be a few of then who will chase cyclists"

Well there were no stray dogs these days @ Seletar North Link from what i noticed? Actually Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon much worse haha

Regular Forumer
172 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Dec 2018 12:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Ody_2004: Just to ask.. how the strays dogs situation in Seletar North link area?

Used to be a few of then who will chase cyclists"

Well there were no stray dogs these days @ Seletar North Link from what i noticed? Actually Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon much worse haha"

Yah i face a few at Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon too.

Regular Forumer
51 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Dec 2018 11:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Ody_2004: 
Yah i face a few at Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon too.
"

Thankfully i have yet to have a bad expereince cycling in ulu places with willd dog/s This new route however is a god send especially if you prefer to bypass punggol PCN in the crowded weekends ^^

Regular Forumer
172 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings