Topic: Riding Pavement From Yishun to Punggol

Posted on: 14th May 2017 1:05 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

Will like to check is it possible to ride from Yishun, via Yishun Ave 1 -> Seletar North Link all the way using Pavement and back?

Any possible dangerous route I should avoid?

Thanks for any help
Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 14th May 2017 11:06 AM    Quote and Reply

yes, once reach seletar airport, cross over the road using traffic light, u can cycle pavement all the way.

I like heavy bike, the heavier the better. NarrowTheway n NarrowTheroad is my bro.
Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th May 2017 11:52 AM    Quote and Reply

It is relatively safe to cycle on the road on Sunday when traffic is very light. Just make sure you take the necessary safety precaution.

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th May 2017 12:09 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by narrowmybutt: yes, once reach seletar airport, cross over the road using traffic light, u can cycle pavement all the way."

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

Do you mean at cross the traffic light at the end of the Yishun Dam road, then continue riding along Seletar Ave 1 will do?

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th May 2017 12:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by diavonex: It is relatively safe to cycle on the road on Sunday when traffic is very light. Just make sure you take the necessary safety precaution."

Thanks for the idea, I will like to ride on the road too but as I am not a very good rider, I am not still not very confident on riding on the road ><

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th May 2017 11:56 AM    Quote and Reply

I rode this route before on pavement quite a long way back. Ever since then I've used the road.

I recall that the pavement along Yishun Dam wasn't very well constructed. It was narrow and sloping at some portions. Not sure if it has been improved.

Once across to Seletar Airport, the internal road West Camp Road is relatively traffic-free except for the occasional bus. They do have a decent pavement as well if you don't feel comfortable to ride on the road.

Seletar North Link (toward Punggol) pavement is decent, but lots of debris which you have to look out for.

Regular Forumer
286 posts
Forum Rep: 34

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th May 2017 2:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Shinden:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by narrowmybutt: yes, once reach seletar airport, cross over the road using traffic light, u can cycle pavement all the way."

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

Do you mean at cross the traffic light at the end of the Yishun Dam road, then continue riding along Seletar Ave 1 will do? :)"

should be seletar north link la, you will see a upslope bridge at one end, just ride against the traffic flow using pavement, can also see planes on ur right side, will reached punngol marina club in 15-20mins.

streetdirectory.com/sg/yishun-avenue-1/50599_1.html

I like heavy bike, the heavier the better. NarrowTheway n NarrowTheroad is my bro.
Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th May 2017 10:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kevin301:

I rode this route before on pavement quite a long way back. Ever since then I've used the road.

I recall that the pavement along Yishun Dam wasn't very well constructed. It was narrow and sloping at some portions. Not sure if it has been improved.

Once across to Seletar Airport, the internal road West Camp Road is relatively traffic-free except for the occasional bus. They do have a decent pavement as well if you don't feel comfortable to ride on the road.

Seletar North Link (toward Punggol) pavement is decent, but lots of debris which you have to look out for.

"

Yes you are quite right about the damI tried jogging that Dam path before, on the left Side (facing the sea) the pavement is so narrow with railings on your left and fast traffic on your right.

And on the right pavement, the path is slightly better but although one side is railings, the other side is a very steep rocking surface.....

I will try to ride to the West Camp Road one of this days, thanks!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th May 2017 10:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by narrowmybutt:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Shinden:
Quote:

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

Do you mean at cross the traffic light at the end of the Yishun Dam road, then continue riding along Seletar Ave 1 will do? :)"

should be seletar north link la, you will see a upslope bridge at one end, just ride against the traffic flow using pavement, can also see planes on ur right side, will reached punngol marina club in 15-20mins.

streetdirectory.com/sg/yishun-avenue-1/50599_1.html"

Oh haha ok thanks! I will try to cycle there and experience it!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings