Topic: From Pasir Ris to Kranji Camp III (Yew Tee area)

Posted on: 10th Jun 2011 6:58 PM    Quote and Reply

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4809/travel_site_120946/

Dear all seasoned cyclists, please kindly help me identify a good cycling route from my home to camp ^^
I'd be travelling very early in the morning and wish to note the distance and how safe the route is.

Thank you!!
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 3:13 AM    Quote and Reply

not really sure but maybe u can try riding to Yishun ave 1 to Mandai then Woodlands road

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 7:55 AM    Quote and Reply

shortest route which I can think of is
tampines rd->cut thru serangoon and amk -> upp thomson->mandai->kranji

however you need to consider traffic flow and other on-the-ground conditions(eg. constructions going on..), others can comment more, sorry i westerner...but be aware of the hills at thomson and mandai.

I am the "I Am" before the I am this or that.
Regular Forumer
133 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 12:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for all suggestions!

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 12:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi there,

Perhaps you would like to share with us how many years of road cycling experience you have? Reason is that it can be quite dangerous cycling, let alone in the wee hours of the morning and by yourself.  The more we know, the more willing the old birds would be able to advise. :)

Quote:
"Formerly posted by outc4st:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4809/travel_site_120946/

Dear all seasoned cyclists, please kindly help me identify a good cycling route from my home to camp ^^
I'd be travelling very early in the morning and wish to note the distance and how safe the route is.

Thank you!!"

Regular Forumer
571 posts

Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 2:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Starting from IKEA Tampines along Tampines Ave 10:

> Turn Right into Tampines Link > Tampines Road. > At Buangkok East Drive> Cross road and cycle on pavement leading into SengKang > SengKang East Drive, cross junction onto Buankok Drive > Continue till Buankok Green > Turn Left > Yio Chu Kang Road , Turn Right >Lentor Ave, Turn Right > Continue till Yishun Ave 1 > Continue onto Mandai Ave > Mandai Road > Woodlands Road, Turn Left  > Somewhere along Woodlands road, there is a U-turn to get back onto Stagmont Ring on the other side of the road.  > Turn into Stagmont Link > Choa Chu Kang Link > Turn Left > Choa Chu Kang North Ave 5 > Continue till Choa Chu Kang Way , Turn Right > Turn left at Lorong Kebasi > .... . YOU're There ...

Total about 34~35km.

Lor Sor Forumer
523 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 10:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Maxxevv: Starting from IKEA Tampines along Tampines Ave 10:

> Turn Right into Tampines Link > blah blah blah >Mandai Road > Woodlands Road, Turn Left  > Somewhere along Woodlands road, there is a U-turn to get back onto Stagmont Ring on the other side of the road.  > Turn into Stagmont Link > Choa Chu Kang Link > Turn Left > Choa Chu Kang North Ave 5 > Continue till Choa Chu Kang Way , Turn Right > Turn left at Lorong Kebasi > .... . YOU're There ... 

Total about 34~35km."

Sorry bout the "blah blah blah" in the quote i shorten it to let ts see easier.

From Mandai Road> Woodlands Road > Turn Left into Sungei Kadut (its do-able) > Turn right into Chua Chu Kang way> there u can see kranji camp 3 liao

btw i was from kranji camp 2 =X

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Jun 2011 12:34 PM    Quote and Reply

Alternative route that has less traffic (until Mandai Road anyway).

Rasir Ris Dr 3 (westward) -> Pasir Ris Dr 12* -> Pasir Ris Ind Dr 1 -> Pasir Ris Farmway 2 -> Pasir Ris Farmway 3 -> cross Lor Halus -> un-named road northwest to Lor Halus Wetland Park -> cross red bridge (you are in Sengkang now) -> from bridge turn left (southwards) along PCN till you reach makan place (Popeye's) -> Tebing Lane (Chinese Temple) -> westward along Punggol Field (Punggol Central OK too) -> Punggol Walk (northwards). New road here not shown in map -> cross nice bridge -> left (west) at traffic light -> Punggol Way -> Seletar North Link (you will pass by Marina Country Club on your right) -> cross the dam and continue along Seletar North Link (this is a long stretch) -> turn right (west) to reach Lower Seletar Reservoir dam -> cross it to hit Yishun Ave 1 (you are officially in Yishun now) -> Yishun Ave 1 southwards will connect you to Mandai Rd. Rest of the way you should know.

*At the corner between Pasir Ris Dr 3 and Pasir Ris Dr 12 (near entrance to Pasir Ris Farmway 1) there's a shortcut along the canal that brings you to Pasir Ris Farmway 3.

Regular Forumer
200 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Jun 2011 7:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Oohh... the link is open finally open after so many years ! That's good news !

Only problem for now is that the roads in the Seletar Link area are pretty dusty and some parts need to carry the bike.  But hey ... if the link is open, and IF the road condition is good, its actually a shorter route!!

Lor Sor Forumer
523 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jun 2011 5:00 PM    Quote and Reply

There's a physical barrier (chain) across the Punggol River dam where you need to carry your bike over. It's to prevent 4 wheelers from using the road. 2 wheelers, including motorbikes, has been using this route regularly now.

Only problem is this stretch has quite a bit of debris like small pebbles. I've ridden this stretch quite a few times for the past 2 months.

Another thing is right behind the Marina Country Club, next to the road, is the beginning of a PCN that takes you all the way to Punggol Jetty. Southwards is a partially completed PCN that takes you all the way to Sengkang Riverside Park, ending at the Malay Kampong at Lor Buangkok. This PCN follows the Punggol River.

Regular Forumer
200 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings