Topic: Are there any initiatives for a Mtber' place for big open-air off roads?

Posted on: 12th Mar 2010 2:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Whenever I travel towards the airport, my mouth will be wide open for that large patch of soiled land next to the golf course along ECP.  The landscape is mouth watering for jumps, pumps and with a little touch ups, it will be a MTBer's dream land in Singapore.  Okay, I'm just dreaming again. That's for the golfers.  What I do like to find out is that; will there be such build-ups in Singapore? I mean, a safer place where MTBers can roam without having issues with trekkers, park rangers and safety rest points along the way?  I'm hoping that the TP trail's build for the YOG will be good.

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed

I am currently using:
Tonino Lamborgini Concetto 20 speed
Dahon Curve D7 modded to 10 speed
Ridley Fenix SL
Regular Forumer
37 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Mar 2010 3:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Golf course is big money.. Bike parks and trails don't generate revenues and besides we are more or less viewed as as nuisance.

I look around the long patch in front of my house all the time and being slightly out of view with a sloping end towards the PIE...with natural anthills that gets help with a little shaping from human hands, one can somehow transform it into a short 1+ km of small-features filled mini trail. I dont want to dig too much though. Just riding the same thing  again and again and hopefully bald it till it kills enuf grass to make some semblanc e of a trail appear.

http://bikes-bikes-bikes.blogspot.sg/
Regular Forumer
4,864 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Mar 2010 9:27 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by daryllow:
Whenever I travel towards the airport, my mouth will be wide open for that large patch of soiled land next to the golf course along ECP.  The landscape is mouth watering for jumps, pumps and with a little touch ups, it will be a MTBer's dream land in Singapore.  Okay, I'm just dreaming again. That's for the golfers.  What I do like to find out is that; will there be such build-ups in Singapore? I mean, a safer place where MTBers can roam without having issues with trekkers, park rangers and safety rest points along the way?  I'm hoping that the TP trail's build for the YOG will be good."

That belongs to Tanah Merah CC (if I'm not mistaken). You're not the only one that gawks at it and have thought of riding there. Haha.

I drive past there on the way home daily and I never fail to take a longing look at it.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." 

Regular Forumer
89 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Aug 2011 2:45 AM    Quote and Reply

actually there is an area at the changi coast/tanah merah area where I used to dirtbike. it's a reclaim land area with coarse beach sand... it's deeper in it's like between changi naval base and changi ferry terminal. On the changi coast way park connector to east coast there is a barrier closing of a dirt road to that area. plenty of humps and bumps there. the area is state land and it's next to the changi naval base rear gate i think, so chances are like when I was previously dirtbiking when you are spotted there soon you have TPs or some Gov officials waiting at the exits to saman you or something. but the area is wide open and fun for cycling I dunno why the GOV dun let us use the land as they are waiting for the reclaimed land to settle before developement 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Aug 2011 9:55 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Archaeon: actually there is an area at the changi coast/tanah merah area where I used to dirtbike. it's a reclaim land area with coarse beach sand... it's deeper in it's like between changi naval base and changi ferry terminal. On the changi coast way park connector to east coast there is a barrier closing of a dirt road to that area. plenty of humps and bumps there. the area is state land and it's next to the changi naval base rear gate i think, so chances are like when I was previously dirtbiking when you are spotted there soon you have TPs or some Gov officials waiting at the exits to saman you or something. but the area is wide open and fun for cycling I dunno why the GOV dun let us use the land as they are waiting for the reclaimed land to settle before developement "

Have tried riding in that area... the ground is soft and sandy. Maybe good for dirtbiking, but damn tiring to cycle...

Regular Forumer
67 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings