Topic: I was conned @ Cannasia Vertex!

Posted on: 31st May 2019 3:46 PM    Quote and Reply

I was conned @ Cannasia Vertex!

Bought a Cannondale CAAD 12 from Vertex Cannasia back in apr 2017. Paid up and was told to come back an hour later to collect my bike, so I

went back to Cannasia shorthly after meal. Surprise!

To see the malay mech stripping my rear wheel, so i

Told myself this could be a normal practise for them.

After collecting my new bike, I rode on the road,

Realised the rear tyre they did not pump it up full, so

I went back and request them to pump it full, but instead they jus go tru the motion by pumping a bit more. While riding home, felt the rear wheel wasn’t

Turning in a circular motion (was like galloping). I told

Maybe could the the flabbly tyre.

Reach home pump it all full, still the wheel still rotate in a un TRUE manner. Next day call up cannasia sales and told them then issue, he quickly commented it could be my high cadence, road not

Smooth. Or could be I m a powerful rider, etc…

So the sales guy ask me to bring it for a service..

Next week reach the vertex outlet, the mechanic test

Ride the bike everywhere, and again claimed no issues, again said is my those cadence, road not smooth bull shit…since certified safe to ride, he asked

To bring back home try…

Feeling frustrated, I rode to two bike shop near my house to have it checked, the mech shown me the wheel was actually not true and infact crooked like oval shaped… Truly crap service and attitude from Cannasia. Totally regreted spending money on this bike. Maybe they think my bike is cheap since I paid 1.7k instead of original 2.5k. I can get better service from other bike shops man! Even my car servicing that is more complex requires less waiting time. Damm pissed and angry. So my fellow togoparts mates, we have to look at true service but sadly only after purchase then we know!!! No more Cannondales! Totally disappointing experience! 

Feeling frustrated, I rode to two bike shop near my house to have it checked, the mech shown me the wheel was actually not true and infact crooked like oval shaped…
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 31st May 2019 3:56 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for sharing, this is so unfortunate for you.. Hope you manage to salvage the situation

Regular Forumer
24 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 10:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Over the years I think most would agree their service and quality detiorated. Backed by multiple terrible reviews everywhere you search. The brand is not the problem, the business representing it is.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 3:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by RUYITAO:

I was conned @ Cannasia Vertex!

Bought a Cannondale CAAD 12 from Vertex Cannasia back in apr 2017. Paid up and was told to come back an hour later to collect my bike, so I

went back to Cannasia shorthly after meal. Surprise!

To see the malay mech stripping my rear wheel, so i

Told myself this could be a normal practise for them.

After collecting my new bike, I rode on the road,

Realised the rear tyre they did not pump it up full, so

I went back and request them to pump it full, but instead they jus go tru the motion by pumping a bit more. While riding home, felt the rear wheel wasn’t

Turning in a circular motion (was like galloping). I told

Maybe could the the flabbly tyre.

Reach home pump it all full, still the wheel still rotate in a un TRUE manner. Next day call up cannasia sales and told them then issue, he quickly commented it could be my high cadence, road not

Smooth. Or could be I m a powerful rider, etc…

So the sales guy ask me to bring it for a service..

Next week reach the vertex outlet, the mechanic test

Ride the bike everywhere, and again claimed no issues, again said is my those cadence, road not smooth bull shit…since certified safe to ride, he asked

To bring back home try…

Feeling frustrated, I rode to two bike shop near my house to have it checked, the mech shown me the wheel was actually not true and infact crooked like oval shaped… Truly crap service and attitude from Cannasia. Totally regreted spending money on this bike. Maybe they think my bike is cheap since I paid 1.7k instead of original 2.5k. I can get better service from other bike shops man! Even my car servicing that is more complex requires less waiting time. Damm pissed and angry. So my fellow togoparts mates, we have to look at true service but sadly only after purchase then we know!!! No more Cannondales! Totally disappointing experience! 

Feeling frustrated, I rode to two bike shop near my house to have it checked, the mech shown me the wheel was actually not true and infact crooked like oval shaped…
"
Many thanks for sharing with us your experience. I do have brand new front and rear wheelsets available if you are interested (Shimano 105).

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 4:11 PM    Quote and Reply

when i bought a bike from a factory warehouse clearance sale i insisted on them fitting pedals and me cycling home :P one would know if something is not right fast and can cycle back to fix the issue? fortunately everything was swell but hope you got your issues ironed out ya!

Regular Forumer
188 posts
Forum Rep: 32

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 4:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: when i bought a bike from a factory warehouse clearance sale i insisted on them fitting pedals and me cycling home :P one would know if something is not right fast and can cycle back to fix the issue? fortunately everything was swell but hope you got your issues ironed out ya!"
Heard there was a shop, Mr Bike Enterprise, doing unethical business (now closed down).

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jun 2019 6:21 PM    Quote and Reply

Cannasia Vertex at Ubi closed down already anyway, not surprised, now only left Frankel avenue which is smaller but also not a very pleasant shop. Trek and Specialized are the only two that seems to have a 'official' enough business in Asia, which is good as they maintain their service and product quality with the head office watching over them.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Jun 2019 9:06 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Alexx8590: Cannasia Vertex at Ubi closed down already anyway, not surprised, now only left Frankel avenue which is smaller but also not a very pleasant shop. Trek and Specialized are the only two that seems to have a 'official' enough business in Asia, which is good as they maintain their service and product quality with the head office watching over them."

Oh wow they closed down already. Sooner or later i supposed. Still lots of good shops out there

Regular Forumer
24 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Login to see your Forum Rankings