Topic: How to increase the safety factor of outdoor riding at night

Posted on: 20th Mar 2018 6:10 PM    Quote and Reply

Since bicycles are usually not equipped with lights, accidents can easily occur because other vehicles cannot judge the distance and the direction of travel of the bicycle.
So i think it is necessary to install a light for our bicycle that can prompt steering.In this way, we can explain our trajectory in advance to the rear vehicles.
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

China, People
Posted on: 21st Mar 2018 9:06 AM    Quote and Reply

I think most people has lights on their bikes, but not sure if they uses it. haha.. 

Regular Forumer
105 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 26th Mar 2018 9:24 AM    Quote and Reply

actually i dun consider a bike road worthy until installation of front/rear lights is done! even more so as i tend to cycle after dark and i even have 2 spares in my handlebar bag along with tubes, tools, etc? also after dark best dress visibly at least going with bright even loud coloured tops?

Regular Forumer
169 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Mar 2018 9:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Actually I think OP was asking for a kind of smart light to indicate drivers, but I don't really understand how it should work

Regular Forumer
96 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Mar 2018 7:45 AM    Quote and Reply

1 : wear protective gear
2 : increase your visibility on the road
3 : improve your riding skills and practice defensive riding.

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Mar 2018 2:10 PM    Quote and Reply

Wear LED shoes. 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Mar 2018 10:38 PM    Quote and Reply

The law requires u to have a working front light and rear red light to ride on the road. Have a bright enough light if u are riding through dark places. 

Lor Sor Forumer
315 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Apr 2018 11:14 PM    Quote and Reply

Lights are essential. It also helps if you increase your visibility to other road users by wearing light coloured clothing. Save your white jerseys for night riding. I have seen too many road riders using black or dark coloured jerseys for night riding. It may look cool wearing an all black cycling outfits but I rather help the other road users see me than end up lying in a hospital bed.

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 31st May 2019 9:59 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by omnisharing: Since bicycles are usually not equipped with lights, accidents can easily occur because other vehicles cannot judge the distance and the direction of travel of the bicycle.
So i think it is necessary to install a light for our bicycle that can prompt steering.In this way, we can explain our trajectory in advance to the rear vehicles."
Bicycle is required to be installed with a white front light and a red rear light, when used for cycling at night, for safety reason, and compliance with the Highway Code. Kindly do not perceive ourselves to be accident-proof. Do not learn through mistake(s).

Regular Forumer
6,165 posts
Forum Rep: 40

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings