Topic: Brake-less Races Getting Popular

Posted on: 29th Apr 2015 9:36 AM    Quote and Reply

This is an open discussion thread for the news Brake-less Races Getting Popular

Does anyone still remember last December’s saga involving HolyCrit, the illegal street race in which fixed-gear road bikes, commonly known as fixies, raced against one another without any brake?  While the HolyCrit is no longer found in street-safe Singapore, fixed-gear bike racing has been sweeping the cycling world by storm in recent months.  Just last Saturday alone, in the streets of New York, over 300 cyclists from 29 countries participated in what was called the Red Hook Criterium or “The Crit” for short.

'Togoparts Team'
97 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Apr 2015 6:30 PM    Quote and Reply

It seems almost all fixies are sold once they crashed. Could it be that the fun is in the crashing?

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Apr 2015 10:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: It seems almost all fixies are sold once they crashed. Could it be that the fun is in the crashing?"

Sometimes I just can't comprehend/ understand what you are saying/implying and I am amazed/appalled at your excessive/over use of this -----> /. Anyway/ anyhow, I dont know how you know/discover/find out that almost all fixes/fixed gear bikes/bicycles are sold/traded for money once they are crashed. I seriously doubt u can track these things.

I did/used to ride fixies/fixed gear/bicycles for years and I have never crashed brake less/ no brakes. Crashes/ accidents do happen and it happens through all disciplines/types/categories. It is silly/stupid/idiotic to assume that these bikes get sold once they crash. Also don't understand/ comprehend by what you are trying to say/imply/put across by saying that the fun is in the crashing. 

They are fun/exciting bikes to ride and they require good/moderate skills to ride.  For us roadies/ road bikers, if u cross-train with fixed gear bikes, they do help in getting a good rhythm to your pedal stroke but yes, minimal benefits/advantages at best. These people enjoy/love what they ride and I am pretty/very/quite sure you love what you ride too. 

Lets have some respect for these fellas. It isn't easy riding/cycling that thing. If they love it, let them have a go at it.

Thanks/kam sia/terima Kasih.

Oh, I also don't understand the way you use the English language sometimes. Your messages may not come across effectively and may be susceptible to different interpretations leading to different understandings. It really is a hassle using ///////. It doesn't really help u to sound any smarter. 

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Apr 2015 10:40 PM    Quote and Reply

HolyCrit!  What a sLashing!!

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Apr 2015 11:10 PM    Quote and Reply

LOL !!! ... at the retort 

fixie riding is a skill that i really admire especially the traffic light track stand and how they brake by locking the rear wheel

big community of fixie riders here

Regular Forumer
284 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Apr 2015 5:12 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Imbran:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by rbc1891: It seems almost all fixies are sold once they crashed. Could it be that the fun is in the crashing?"

Sometimes I just can't comprehend/ understand what you are saying/implying and I am amazed/appalled at your excessive/over use of this -----> /. Anyway/ anyhow, I dont know how you know/discover/find out that almost all fixes/fixed gear bikes/bicycles are sold/traded for money once they are crashed. I seriously doubt u can track these things.

I did/used to ride fixies/fixed gear/bicycles for years and I have never crashed brake less/ no brakes. Crashes/ accidents do happen and it happens through all disciplines/types/categories. It is silly/stupid/idiotic to assume that these bikes get sold once they crash. Also don't understand/ comprehend by what you are trying to say/imply/put across by saying that the fun is in the crashing. 

They are fun/exciting bikes to ride and they require good/moderate skills to ride.  For us roadies/ road bikers, if u cross-train with fixed gear bikes, they do help in getting a good rhythm to your pedal stroke but yes, minimal benefits/advantages at best. These people enjoy/love what they ride and I am pretty/very/quite sure you love what you ride too. 

Lets have some respect for these fellas. It isn't easy riding/cycling that thing. If they love it, let them have a go at it.

Thanks/kam sia/terima Kasih.

Oh, I also don't understand the way you use the English language sometimes. Your messages may not come across effectively and may be susceptible to different interpretations leading to different understandings. It really is a hassle using ///////. It doesn't really help u to sound any smarter. "

LOL.

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Apr 2015 5:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by edng: LOL !!! ... at the retort 

fixie riding is a skill that i really admire especially the traffic light track stand and how they brake by locking the rear wheel

big community of fixie riders here"
The sad truth is that, those who crashed did not seems to understand that. They all told me, crashed at road bend doing full speed downhill.

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Apr 2015 12:27 PM    Quote and Reply

"They all told me..." stop spiriting up ghost fixie riders to support your prejudice

accidents happen regardless of which discipline of riding one is involved in

Regular Forumer
284 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings