Topic: Road racers cheated death in Paris-Roubaix road race!

Posted on: 14th Apr 2015 4:37 PM    Quote and Reply

This is an open discussion thread for the news Road racers cheated death in Paris-Roubaix road race!

Perhaps, if luck did not interfere in any way, the lives of several cyclists might have been tragically lost.  At the 113th Paris-Roubaix road race held last Sunday, in northern France, several racers cheated death, managing to cross a train track just mere seconds before a high-speed train whizzed past them.  The train track’s safety barrier was already lowered at that point in time to prevent anyone from crossing the track.

'Togoparts Team'
97 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Apr 2015 6:17 PM    Quote and Reply

We can only speculate based on the report.

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Apr 2015 5:13 AM    Quote and Reply

This also reminded me of an incident encountered in SengKang, years back.
A few of our faster cyclists had crossed the road junction ahead with green traffic lights. The traffic lights had turned amber, then red as we approached the road junction. A bus was starting to move across the junction with green lights. Those behind me insisted to go through both the red traffic lighted junction, and through the moving bus in our path. I had to dismount and tried blocking them with my road bike, from their such attempt. It was not during a race. Just a regular ride. Dehydration effect?
I doubt I will ever want to cycle with them again. Heard later, they already had some accidents/fights before I joined then for regular rides.
Do be aware and take care.

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings