Topic: Hello, and on the subject of Tern Verge D9

Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 9:26 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm here hoping to get some inputs on a possible foldie buy.

I'm new to foldies, and I'm contemplating getting the Tern Verge D9 because I want a bike that actually cycles like a regular bike, but gives me the flexibility to fold it up and call it a day wherever I cycle to. PLUS, I didn't want to blow a bomb on it and the D9 seems like a reasonable enough option.

I'm just curious though: with 80 x 74 x 44 measurements, will it actually meet the Singapore PMD size guideline of 120 x 74 x 44? Will they be a stickler about it or is that merely a guideline to volume?

Appreciate your thoughts on this. Many thanks!

sun.
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jun 2019 10:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Tern and Dahon are similar, but Tern is more expensive.

The most important thing to take note of, is the groupset is compatiable with Shimano or SRAM. In the event you need to replace items like derailleurs or crankset, you can switch out of Dahon's proprietary components to Shimano/SRAM.

I just DIY switched my foldable's square bottom bracket crankset to a new Dahon 53t crankset with HollowTech II bottom bracket. It is much smoother now.

Regular Forumer
83 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Posted on: 29th Jun 2019 4:07 PM    Quote and Reply

HI! Thanks for your response. I have no idea how to zhng my own bike ha! how much did that upgrade cost you? 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jul 2019 9:56 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by sunnnyside_up: HI! Thanks for your response. I have no idea how to zhng my own bike ha! how much did that upgrade cost you? "

About S$50

Regular Forumer
83 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings