Topic: Hi Everyone, cycling after a long time.

Posted on: 22nd Mar 2019 5:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi everyone, 

Good day to you all. Just to share, currently I am working in a technical sales field and honestly I have been neglecting my health. As a result of my sedentary lifestyle and poor diet choices, I have also gained a lot of weight. 

Hence, I decided to take up cycling again in a bid to improve my health and fitness. I am cycling after almost a decade but this time I dont want to lose touch with it. Currently, I am riding a Merida BIG Seven 300. Hopefully, with regular cycling I can acheive my goals. Cheers!
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 22nd Mar 2019 6:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Of course! Just keep cycling bro.. and eat healthy foods, everything will fall just right. Ensure to keep your rides safe and enjoy! ☺️

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Mar 2019 10:29 AM    Quote and Reply

Looking at your bike it's slightly higher end but about the same weight as my HT MTB that's mainly responsible for my 1st proper "bikepack" trip across the causeway ^^ If you are getting more on roads, PCNS and pavements then a simple swap to tires that are more effeicent on this terrain would do wonders along with locking the front fork suspecsion ^^ MTB HTs may not be fast but for an all-terrain bike they are really comfy and versatile IMHO Do enjoy the outdoors and keep hydrated and protect yourself from the sun ya!

Regular Forumer
172 posts
Forum Rep: 27

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Mar 2019 10:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: Looking at your bike it's slightly higher end but about the same weight as my HT MTB that's mainly responsible for my 1st proper "bikepack" trip across the causeway ^^ If you are getting more on roads, PCNS and pavements then a simple swap to tires that are more effeicent on this terrain would do wonders along with locking the front fork suspecsion ^^ MTB HTs may not be fast but for an all-terrain bike they are really comfy and versatile IMHO Do enjoy the outdoors and keep hydrated and protect yourself from the sun ya!"

Hi there, I usually ride on PCNs but never locked the front suspension before. Maybe I should try doing that. I have to agree with your point about protecting oneself from the sun, the weather these days is really hot! On a final note, thanks a lot for the tips

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 25th Mar 2019 10:00 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Rohmaxy: 
Hi there, I usually ride on PCNs but never locked the front suspension before. Maybe I should try doing that. I have to agree with your point about protecting oneself from the sun, the weather these days is really hot! On a final note, thanks a lot for the tips :)"

Yes with a locked out front suspension the fork is more rigid and on flats/roads it makes a HT MTB more efficient ^^ Oh u may know this but if not just in case : pack extra tubes and maybe a portable hand pump? Knowing how to swap new tires/tubes is preety mandatory once one plans to cycle longer distances i feel ^^ The good thing about MTBs is even with a handpump it's not hard to get to 35-50 PSI unlike road tires which may need almost 100 PSI haha

Regular Forumer
172 posts
Forum Rep: 27

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings