Topic: Newbie from Singapore

Posted on: 20th Nov 2018 10:15 PM    Quote and Reply

Was riding a foldable for a while in our local park and got tired of it. Never a serious rider on the road due to the danger of riding bike in Singapore road. With more awareness and more bikes on the street, maybe slowly motorists will accept bike and it will be safer to ride here.

Was looking around what is considered a reasonable good used road bike to buy. After going through youtube, I am not sure I got more info or got more confused. Was also looking at Togoparts sale pages and when I google, it seems they are selling the bike at same or even higher than new. Any fellow Singapore riders have experience buying used bike from any good shop here in Singapore to recommend? I was thinking of brand like Gaint, Trek with gear ratio of 2:11 casket should be good buy? 
Regular Forumer
17 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Nov 2018 1:27 PM    Quote and Reply

Well like most i started cycling on pavement, parks, etc but i don't think cycling on the road in SG is dangerous as long as one does not take silly risks and obeys traffic rules for the most part? Well a good road bike depends on your budget but generally you ought to expect at least a min class of parts/drivetrain for certain pricepoints IMHO? Have u tried riding a roadie and have a feel of the riding position, etc? If not i suggest dropping by a Decathalon superstore where they allow you to test ride all their bikes and pick a roadie? I am sure others could chime in on other stores that allow this? 

Regular Forumer
169 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2018 8:05 AM    Quote and Reply

No, not on a real road bike but those normal bike. I guess I should try your suggestion.

Any basic rewuirements for the start so that I don't end up regretting and wanted upgrade months into this?

Regular Forumer
17 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2018 1:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Well you are in luck as there is a warehouse sale going on this weekend! All depends on your budget i guess but if you are looking for an "all terrain" commuting bike i would think a Scott Sub with rigid fork, disc brakes and up to 700 x 38c tires would be a juicy buy especially if it is heavily discounted haha

Regular Forumer
169 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Nov 2018 10:12 AM    Quote and Reply

Going for a used bike is already putting you in safe zone where even if you were to regret, selling it off would mean very little losses, so go ahead!

https://dualcircles.blogspot.com/
Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Login to see your Forum Rankings