Topic: Bike service/repair shop in the east

Posted on: 16th Apr 2017 9:34 AM    Quote and Reply

I'm very new to cycling as a hobby and live around the kembangan/marine parade/eastcoast area. 

Because i'm trying out the sport to see if it sticks, I bought a $150 second hand bike(urata avant garde) as a trial. It's been working well till yesterday when I realise the gears were slipping (in my novice opinion, I think its the derailleur)

Does anyone know of a shop/a guy I could visit in the area that could advice me on a new piece, or fix it for me. 

I'd go to the bicycle shops in the area, but I have gess they'd overcharge me considering I didn't get one of their bikes.
Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Apr 2017 9:40 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi

For gear tune mostly local bike shop charge SGD5-10 depend how many min if work.

Trek 3.1 Madone

FSA Carbon Crankset

FSA Carbon Flat handle-bar

2 x 10 speeds

Planet-X hub/wheel
Regular Forumer
39 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Apr 2017 9:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Sysk:
Hi

For gear tune mostly local bike shop charge SGD5-10 depend how many min if work.

"

Really? a guy on Carousell is offering about $25 for tuning. That's why I thought local shops wold be expensive.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Apr 2017 10:11 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi

Just go around yr LBS compare which I did. In the end just pay SGD5 for just tune of gears. Hope it help ☺

Trek 3.1 Madone

FSA Carbon Crankset

FSA Carbon Flat handle-bar

2 x 10 speeds

Planet-X hub/wheel
Regular Forumer
39 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Apr 2017 8:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Cyclecraft East Coast road
soon watt at Changi road
attitude bikes Telok kurau
Tay Tampines 
l&t Tampines 

all have decent mechanics that won't rip you off

i would add that the cost is dependent on what's wrong and what if any parts need replacing and how filthy the drive train is. If it is just a tweak of cable tension or limit screws 5 or 10 bucks sounds right.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings