Topic: FSA Bb adaptor

Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 2:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

Can anyone out there advise me where can I get a FSA bottom bracket adaptor? I am upgrading my exist chainring. Thank you in advance.

Freshie Forumer
8 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 5:47 PM    Quote and Reply

There are numerous different BB types and standards from most of the crank manufacturers, you need to be a bit more specific.

also if you are only changing a chainring and not the whole crank you shouldn't need to touch the BB. You do need to check that the new chainring fits on the crank spider (Same number of bolts and BCD etc)

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 5:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorry, i wasnt clear enough. I want to replace the whole crankset ie BB and chain rings. The BB spindle is the square type(not round hollow). If I am not wrong its called FSA standard. So the BB adaptor is round with teeth around.

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 6:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorry again, FSA is just a general term. Actually I dont know exactly what it mean. Anyway, I need an adaptor for the BB with spindle that is square on both end. Thank you.

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 6:28 PM    Quote and Reply

FSA is a component manufacturer and it stands for full speed ahead.

Unless your frame is an Italian brand you can change it with any English threaded 24mn spindle diameter external cup BB and crank. If you have a mountain group set stick with mountain if road stick with road. Also match the speed of the crank to your current number of gears In the back.
you can also use Octalink crank and bb but need to select the BB cartridge width and spindle length for your frame

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th Jun 2016 9:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Thank you for your comment. Actually, I am looking forth BB adaptor.

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings