Topic: Road Cyclist - New to the City

Posted on: 14th Jul 2015 5:24 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Guys

I'm coming to Singpaore for a month from 21st July - Sadly, my wife tells me that it's more important to bring our children and their luggage than my road bike!

Can any members recommend a good and cost-effective place to hire a bike?

I'm hoping to ride 200-300km per week while I'm in the City, so it would be great to hear from any groups that go our regularly for steady/fast rides.

Thanks a lot

Christian 
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

United Kingdom
Posted on: 14th Jul 2015 9:16 PM    Quote and Reply

So far i had not seen/noticed any LBS got any road bikes for rental services. Mostly are MTBs. And gonna plan your cycling route well. Plus cycling in a tropical climate need to conditioned 1st.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 15th Jul 2015 7:33 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi most shops in Singapore generally carry mountain bikes for rental. However the qiality of these bikes are mediocre.  There are few shops that rent out cruiser n foldable bikes.

I assume you are interested to rent a road bicycle.  You can try to contact this shop:

http://www.bikeslinks.com/public/rental.jsp?command=all

I have no respect for irresponsible drivers. Neither do I have any respect for irresponsible cyclists and pedestrians. Its not one rule for "them" and another rule for "us".
Regular Forumer
223 posts
Forum Rep: 22

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 15th Jul 2015 5:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for your reply - I've contacted Bikeslinks and hope they can help. Best wishes.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

United Kingdom
Login to see your Forum Rankings