Topic: How to store a Crius folding bike inside a car in event of tire puncture?

Posted on: 27th Nov 2019 2:43 AM    Quote and Reply

I usually go around riding alone late at nite to places like 15-20 km away from my house. So in case there are any tire puncture, my plan is to take a grab or taxi home.

I wanna ask how to store the bike into the car boot without leaning on the rear derailleur. Is there any protectors which I can get to protect the derailleur?

Issit possible to load the bicycle into the floor of the rear seat if the driver is willing to move front passenger seat all the way to the front?

Thanks guys.
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Nov 2019 9:54 AM    Quote and Reply

learn to change tire is the best solution . bing some inner tube or tire patch  some simple tools and a mini pump . it is easy to learn how to change tire from youtube .
or you can place the bike in the car boot with the derailleur facing up 

Regular Forumer
10 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 29th Nov 2019 7:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Tomei79: learn to change tire is the best solution . bing some inner tube or tire patch  some simple tools and a mini pump . it is easy to learn how to change tire from youtube .
or you can place the bike in the car boot with the derailleur facing up "

+1 agreed! once i decided i am a regular cyclist and would ride overseas learning stuff basic bike maintenence/repair is an absolute must! if one is caught in the middle on nowhere best know how to DIY simple malfunctions ^^

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 32

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings