Topic: Entry level bike

Posted on: 2nd Mar 2019 10:07 PM    Quote and Reply

I need a foldie to commute to the gym about 2km away (need to go uphill and downslope kind). I have about $300 budget so would like to know if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks
Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 4th Mar 2019 3:10 AM    Quote and Reply

the thing about entry level foldies is a) the folding mechanism is cumbersome b) they are heavy so unless you intend to continue your journey via public transport i strongly suggest a hybrid or even a hardtail MTB....

Regular Forumer
153 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 3:47 AM    Quote and Reply

i was quite temtemp by the hybrid from Decathlon but I dont have a place to keep it at home. So if i  would have to lock it at the void deck, but the bike theft in sg is quite rampant so i'm thinking of getting the btwin tilt 500 foldie from Decathlon. 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 11:48 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by littlepencil: i was quite temtemp by the hybrid from Decathlon but I dont have a place to keep it at home. So if i  would have to lock it at the void deck, but the bike theft in sg is quite rampant so i'm thinking of getting the btwin tilt 500 foldie from Decathlon. "

This happen to me before , no space to keep my bike at home, but when i had my 1st bike, space can be cleared out. End up i had 6 bike in my home, 2 in my bedroom ,3 hanging in the living room , 1 in the kitchen. haha 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 11:56 AM    Quote and Reply

I see people parking Aleocas at the void deck. Based on price points, i think Aleoca and Decath are pretty similar right? I can just lock up the wheels to the frame and to the stand right?

The staff at Decath told me that I need at 3 locks cuz both frony and rear wheels are "quick release".

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 11:58 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Tomei79:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by littlepencil: i was quite temtemp by the hybrid from Decathlon but I dont have a place to keep it at home. So if i  would have to lock it at the void deck, but the bike theft in sg is quite rampant so i'm thinking of getting the btwin tilt 500 foldie from Decathlon. "

This happen to me before , no space to keep my bike at home, but when i had my 1st bike, space can be cleared out. End up i had 6 bike in my home, 2 in my bedroom ,3 hanging in the living room , 1 in the kitchen. haha "

hahaha why so many

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 4:47 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by littlepencil:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Tomei79:
Quote:

This happen to me before , no space to keep my bike at home, but when i had my 1st bike, space can be cleared out. End up i had 6 bike in my home, 2 in my bedroom ,3 hanging in the living room , 1 in the kitchen. haha "

hahaha why so many"

This is like woman , always short of 1 dress in their closet..haha

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th Mar 2019 6:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:

All a bike needs is a wall to lean on and thats it! You can buy a bike stand/hanger later if u wish cos in the long run when u invest more time and $$ in this hobby u are bound to at least keep *one* bike indoors haha

Regular Forumer
153 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Mar 2019 9:30 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights:
Quote:

All a bike needs is a wall to lean on and thats it! You can buy a bike stand/hanger later if u wish cos in the long run when u invest more time and $$ in this hobby u are bound to at least keep *one* bike indoors haha"

Haha but i'm afraid kiddo might bump into it.

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Posted on: 16th Mar 2019 9:32 AM    Quote and Reply

So I have bought the Tilt 500 (and an Oxelo Town 9 EF V2 kick scooter) from Decathlon! haha 

I was wondering how often do you guys clean your bikes before you bring them into your house? after every ride?

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Posted on: 17th Mar 2019 11:42 AM    Quote and Reply

I never clean my bike after every ride, only after riding through a heavy downpour. I carry it into the house and place it in one corner. If you're particular about the sand coming off from the tires then place it on top of newspaper.

Regular Forumer
187 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings