Topic: NeoRider Foldable Bike

Posted on: 4th Jan 2016 10:56 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

I though of getting a Neorider foldable bike for my 13yo son to learn riding. Anyone can advise me is this a reliable bike as I myself also new to bike. The price for this bike is $279.

Thanks in advance.
Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Jan 2016 10:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Got this bike 3 weeks ago. So far quite happy with this bike but a bit expensive.

My son also manage to ride now after 3 lesson by me. Lol
Still ways to get better.

Now consider getting second bike to go PCN with him. Maybe getting foldable MTB to have different type of bike for different feel of riding. 

Any price range to advise for average foldable MTB ? As long allow to travel in MRT.

Any advise if taxi boot able to put 2 folable bike ?

Thank you. 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Jan 2016 8:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Depending on the size of your foldies. The taxi boot should fits 2x 20" or smaller bikes, but it might be squeezy if it's 2x 26" foldies, even with the wheels removed from frame.

Regular Forumer
178 posts
Forum Rep: 36

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th Jan 2016 8:31 AM    Quote and Reply

Foldable 26" wheeled bikes are too big for the MRT there are some guidelines / rules on the LTA or SMRT website if I remember correctly.
my 29er MTB will fit in the boot of a standard blue / yellow comfort cab with:
-both front and rear wheels removed
- bars removed from the stem and cable tied to the top tube
- easier with the pedals and seat post removed also
- if you have an RD (mine doesn't) this should also be removed and zip tied to the stay as it is real easy to bash and bend the hanger when transporting without the rear wheel

i just brought my bike back from overseas this weekend with it packed in my bike bag las above and it just fits in a taxi boot. I think you should be able to get a foldable 26er like a ranger in a cab boot but 2 would  be a big struggle.

Foldable small wheel bikes are fine on the PCNs in Singapore just stick with those if you want to combine riding with public transport, it is exactly the kind of thing they are designed for and much less hassle

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 26th Jan 2016 11:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi All,

Thank you for all the advise.

I am considering getting a 20" foldable MTB. Is 20" too small for a MTB for an adult with 167cm tall only?

I am planning to bring 2 20" foldable bike to West Coast Park for cycling with my son by Taxi. My concern is if these 2 20" foldable bike can fix into the taxi boot. With your advise, I will give a try when I got my 2nd bike.

Thank you.
Cheers.

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Jan 2016 12:46 PM    Quote and Reply

You want to look at 20" foldies with a compact fold and clearance to run wider touring type tires. Rather than those made for road speed, whilst not really an mtb these will tick all of your boxes they will be fine on any park track, something along the lines of a Tern link D8 would be ideal, but not sure on your Budget. Bike Friday have some good models too but more expensive.
others will be able to advise more, I am not very clued up on the latest foldie models

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings