Topic: 26 inch foldable bike

Posted on: 12th Jul 2015 4:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, I am a newbie to this scene hence would appreciate any valuable advice

I'm looking for a foldie that I can bring onto public transport. I have tried 20 inch but it doesn't support my routes and the tyre was punctured. Hence looking into foldable mtb. But my qns now is should I get a normal steel frame or aluminium/alloy? The price is almost 3 times for the ~5kg difference :/ and I would prefer the bike to last long and not rust easily..     

Appreciate any inputs from you experienced riders out there! 
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Jul 2015 10:53 PM    Quote and Reply

If your tire puncture, the problem lies with the quality of your tire. Does not make sense to change a bike when you should be changing your tire instead. What tire are you currently using?

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 12th Jul 2015 11:14 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Velomobile: If your tire puncture, the problem lies with the quality of your tire. Does not make sense to change a bike when you should be changing your tire instead. What tire are you currently using?"

Hi yes I have replaced the tire but not too sure about the brand. Looking at 24 or 26 inch as I think it will be less tiring and support the rides better (: just wondering if those aircraft grade alloy frame are worth to get..

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 12th Jul 2015 11:35 PM    Quote and Reply

26 inch foldie is not allowed on public transport. of course aluminum is lighter hence the price difference. question is do u often fold the bike and take the public transport? if so then i dun think 26 inch foldie is suitable for u as the folding is bulkier. Straight point is: You have to choose between portablitiy to comfortablity. 
Btw, i you should look at your 20 inch tire brand, should get better brands like schwable and such. If u keep getting Pinch flats, then perhaps you should look at your rim tape. 

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings