Topic: Bianchi MV Upgrade

Posted on: 10th May 2015 1:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

I'm new to MVs and I'm wondering if they share the same components as road bikes.

Just ordered a Bianchi MV and I'm thinking of upgrading the entire groupset to this Ultegra set:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/ultegra-6800-groupset-ec057360#answers

Apart from the shifters (of course), will everything else be compatible and fit on the mini velo?(Will probably use the shifters for my road bike)

Thanks for the advice. 
Regular Forumer
14 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 10th May 2015 8:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Few things to think about
- If you're MV is flat bar you will need to find 11 speed shimano flatbar road shifters, if drop bar these should work
- Does the MV currently have an 11 speed set up? If not you will almost definitely need a new 11 speed hub rear wheel- 99% of 10 speed free hubs are too narrow for 11 speed cassettes
- Brakes, can you fit road calipers on the MV, you may need to change to cant's 
- As long as the bike has a 68mm English BB the crank BB will be fine.

- Is your road bike 11 speed, if not you are going to have issues running the shifters on it without buying an additional groupset minus the shifter, may also need another rear wheel

Short answer is it most likely can be done but most likely much more hassle and cost that it's worth. If the MV is 9/10 speed you could maybe look at a 6700 10 speed group, they are going cheap online and would less problematic with the wheels

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 10th May 2015 10:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Yeah, scouting for a 6700 groupset might make more sense. Thanks!

Regular Forumer
14 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th May 2015 7:56 PM    Quote and Reply

Care to share where you order the Bianchi MV?

Regular Forumer
51 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th May 2015 8:45 PM    Quote and Reply

You can order one from Vanguard Designs bro. They ship to Singapore.

Regular Forumer
14 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th May 2015 8:34 PM    Quote and Reply

Thank you bro! 

I am 1.68m what size should i get? a 53 will it be too big for me? 

Regular Forumer
51 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th May 2015 11:38 PM    Quote and Reply

write in to the folks at Vanguard and check in with them - they are super nice people.

http://www.vanguard-designs.com/?/contact

Regular Forumer
14 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings