Topic: Going to UK. Thinking of buying and bringing a Brompton back.

Posted on: 14th Jan 2015 3:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Going to UK for a week. Thinking of buying and bringing a Brompton back. Anyone done it before?

What else should I get?
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2015 5:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Make sure you travel light so you don't get charged when you bring one back! Think you can save up to 15-20% by buying it from UK. Downside may be expensive support from Mighty Velo if you do need help (unless you're technically proficient).

There are a fair number of options involved in buying one so decide early before you go down - color, gearing options, handlebar type,  rack/fenders/none, luggage options, lighting, etc. 

Most overseas suppliers tend to only carry single-color bikes (red/red, white/white, etc) in the shop and require you to wait months if you want a specific dual-color option (red/white, black/yellow, etc).

Regular Forumer
82 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2015 7:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Ever consider Moulton? 
A better masterpiece with craftsmanship IMO to pay for it anytime! 

Regular Forumer
36 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jan 2015 8:53 PM    Quote and Reply

That seems a weird alternative. Buying a Moulton and buying a Brompton are two very different considerations lol. 

I'm not that familiar with Moultons though I know the ride quality is supposed to be great. Brompton's probably can't beat it, but then a Moulton can't touch the compactness/transportability of a Brompton fold.

Regular Forumer
82 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Jan 2015 10:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks guys for all your commentsappreciate it.

I don't think I'll get a Moulton. As least with a Brompton,  I can fold it up and check it in with the brompton luggage bag. 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jan 2015 4:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Call a shop and inquire about availability of the colors you'd like.

Regular Forumer
82 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings