Topic: Bike grip facing the wrong way?

Posted on: 26th Dec 2014 12:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have a Tern Link D7i, which has Biologic Ergo grips according to the specs. Here is a picture of my grips:  

Are my grips mounted correctly? Note that the Biologic words are facing the front wheels of the bike, rather than the seated position. And, the sort portion of the grips (light grey colour) are also facing the front wheels.

If it is incorrect, does it look as though it has just rotated 180 degrees? It seems very firm, and I don't see how it could have rotated.

Also, my bicycle has started to have an annoying creaking sound coming somewhere from the handle bar/post region when I move my body weight on it, and more so when cycling uphill. What can/should I do about this?  Bring back to LBS? If it costs much $, I can probably live with it as long as it doesn't damage the bike in the longer term.

Thanks for your pointers!

Regular Forumer
12 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Dec 2014 12:23 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi, your doubt is correct.  Your grip is facing the wrong direction.  the Biologic word should be facing you when u are seated on the bike.  The grip can be adjusted.   I have done it before for my friends.

I have no respect for irresponsible drivers. Neither do I have any respect for irresponsible cyclists and pedestrians. Its not one rule for "them" and another rule for "us".
Regular Forumer
223 posts
Forum Rep: 22

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th Dec 2014 12:20 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes it is wrong direction.

the little plate like light grey area is a palm rest . 

Life is a journey and I am just an another wanderer.
http://www.mybikesnhikes.com
Regular Forumer
525 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Dec 2014 7:56 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks! Any tips on how to fix (rotate?) it?  I guess that grips all fit and tighten the same way, but I can't see any mechanism for doing so.

Regular Forumer
12 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Dec 2014 12:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by newtoday: Thanks! Any tips on how to fix (rotate?) it?  I guess that grips all fit and tighten the same way, but I can't see any mechanism for doing so."

no, not rotate,

switch. put existing right to left and left to right  . that will fix it.  

Regular Forumer
525 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Dec 2014 1:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Unfortunately, I don't think you can switch the grip from left to right and vice versa.  This is because you are using a grip shifter, so one of your left grip is longer than your right one. 

You need to rotate the grip.  There should be a small allen screw at the outer end of the grips.  Just lossen the screw to rotate the grips.

I have no respect for irresponsible drivers. Neither do I have any respect for irresponsible cyclists and pedestrians. Its not one rule for "them" and another rule for "us".
Regular Forumer
223 posts
Forum Rep: 22

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Dec 2014 5:25 PM    Quote and Reply

I posted carelessly as i didnt read the thread carefully.

Since it is a biologic ergo grip it can be rotate or switch.

Both way works. Since rotation is easier. Just rotate. 

I previously thought the other side of the grip has different profile. I believe they are same length

Th end has a cap and remove the cap. You will find the Lellen key

Regular Forumer
525 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings