Topic: WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE, JAVA FIT OR LAMBORGHINI...?

Posted on: 9th Nov 2014 5:04 PM    Quote and Reply

U should make a trip down n test ride both bikes to have a better idea. But from wat i saw on the internet, the lambo handlepost is not foldable. Instead it is remove entirely wif a quickrelease from the fork. Kinda weird way of folding imo. As a java owner myself, i personally think that this bike is a good value entry lvl bike n not straining ur wallet too much. Ive done alot searching on internet n find that java bike is upgradable depending on ur needs n preference. Good luck on ur bike hunt. Cheers.

Regular Forumer
93 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Nov 2014 9:36 PM    Quote and Reply

In my humble opinion, I think the speed not only depend on the person, but the bike is also a big factor.
I am currently riding a mini velo (20" wheel, weight about 10kg) and a road bike (27" wheel, weighing about 8kg). Without over exerting myself, I can average the velo at 22km/h and the road bike at 25km/h, over a distant of 15km, along the PCN. I felt more tired at the end of ride on the velo than on the road bike, although I am going slower on the velo.
If I push harder and can be panting along the journey, I can average 25km/h on the velo (and that is the max so far), and average 30km/h on the road bike. The max speed along some stretch of the PCN for the velo is 42km/h and roadie is 45km/h.
I am not sure, is it the bigger wheel of the road bike that make it goes faster or the weight etc.
The rider is the same in both bike and that is me. Surprisingly, it is also more comfortable on the roadie that velo, althoug the velo is more upright positioned. The roadie is not carbon frame only the handle is.
Si, I am thinking if the Java Fit can do average of 30km/h, then is worth buying liaow. 

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Nov 2014 9:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by shrekogre: I was also asking this question myself.
Does 20" bike have enough cadence for 30km/hr
you can try to get a feel of the cadence calculater here.
http://www.machars.net/bikecalc.htm

Looks like as long as front crank has 53t and rear cassette has 12t you will roughly need 65 rpm cadence for 30km/hr. I might be wrong though cos i am still a newbie learning. hopefully some pro can help correct me if i am wrong.

I am also contemplating between these 2 bikes. like the lamborghini but worry i need to bend forward too much. Having some neck problem right now.

"

Thats the reason i sold off my Tonino Lambo, coz i just dont like the aching long reach, neck strain. With Java Fit, i got no problem.. So comfortable.. Want faster, upgrade bigger crank, dats all..

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 17th Nov 2014 5:16 PM    Quote and Reply

heyya guys i am about 1.9m tall .. am considering a java fit. anyone with similar height riding it ?

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Nov 2014 6:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Jehova: heyya guys i am about 1.9m tall .. am considering a java fit. anyone with similar height riding it ?"
My neighbour next door around ur height, he rode a Java Fit too. He told me no problem coz he jus have to extend seatpost & extend handle post to his comfort length. But hes medium size though. Max 110kg to buy Java Fit..

Regular Forumer
191 posts

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 18th Nov 2014 4:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Jehova: heyya guys i am about 1.9m tall .. am considering a java fit. anyone with similar height riding it ?"
My neighbour next door around ur height, he rode a Java Fit too. He told me no problem coz he jus have to extend seatpost & extend handle post to his comfort length. But hes medium size though. Max 110kg to buy Java Fit.."

i should be weighing around 110-120kg. hmm... dont know if i can ride it..

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Nov 2014 5:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Jehova:
Quote:
Quote:
My neighbour next door around ur height, he rode a Java Fit too. He told me no problem coz he jus have to extend seatpost & extend handle post to his comfort length. But hes medium size though. Max 110kg to buy Java Fit.."

i should be weighing around 110-120kg. hmm... dont know if i can ride it.. "

Along the way, i'm sure ur weight will eventually shed with all the cycling U gona do with Java.. Cheers.. 

Regular Forumer
191 posts

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 18th Nov 2014 8:07 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Jehova:
Quote:
Quote:

i should be weighing around 110-120kg. hmm... dont know if i can ride it.. "

no worries bro... The java can take both me n my son weight combined.. Fitted child seat on seatpost n bringing him around for pleasure rides. I weigh 100 kg plus my son 15 kg plus the child seat so i guess its heavier than u are... So far my java is still riding well.

Regular Forumer
93 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings