Topic: gear tuning.

Posted on: 12th Aug 2014 7:39 AM    Quote and Reply

I managed to rectify the brake screeching I asked about earlier by myself by adjusting the pads toe in. Now I have an issue with my aleoca bike gear.
Went for a short ride yesterday, and found that gear 1 and 2 has got no difference and gear 6 which is the highest gear causes the chain to slip out.
Should I try tuning the revoshift myself or bring it out to the bike shop nearby?
How much would they charge normally?
Reluctant to bring it back to suntec giant where I bought it from last week as it's too much of a hassle although it would be free tuning.  
Regular Forumer
23 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Aug 2014 4:56 PM    Quote and Reply

how much does gear adjustment cost typically at a neighbourhood bicycle shop?

Regular Forumer
23 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Aug 2014 5:06 PM    Quote and Reply

Sounds like you need to adjust the limit screws and the cable tension. $5 for a five minute job unless you go to a flashy high end shop where they probably charge you $10. It is pretty easy job just need a screwdriver you can check out you tube if you want to try yourself

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 13th Aug 2014 10:08 PM    Quote and Reply

don't buy aleoca la bro.. really not worth the money. you try to find those ah pek bike shop. $3 max. younger ones $5. got some high end bikes $10. go vertex $50

iHerb.com, $10 off order! - Discount code: DJV648
Regular Forumer
185 posts
Forum Rep: 48

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Aug 2014 10:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Yah I know aleoca suck. Just bought it as I knew I wouldn't have much time riding these few months as I will be busy. Just buy cheap to stop my cycling itch. Will upgrade in the near future...
Ok probably just bring it to the bike shop across the road another day.  

Regular Forumer
23 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Aug 2014 3:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Went to Teck Hock Hin Trading at blk 128 at bedok north st 2 and uncle quoted me $15 to adjust my gears. Straightaway left as was turned off by the price.

Cycled to Everspring at 57A New upper changi road and uncle straightaway adjusted my bike without telling me the price. Did a very detailed and good job as he fine tune my bicycle from gears to brakes to paddle.
Charged me only $4 for it.
All 6 gear speeds work perfectly now.
Highly recommended!

Regular Forumer
23 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings