Topic: Dahon Mu p9 crank set and BB help

Posted on: 1st Aug 2014 12:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, I looking to upgrade my crankset to Shimano 105 and remove both the chain ring and install back the orginal chain ring from my dahon mu p9 as I still want the single chain ring setup.

My problem will be the bottom bracket, I not sure british or english thread will fit Dahon Mu p9 model. Any advice will be great.

Thanks 
Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Aug 2014 10:18 AM    Quote and Reply

99.99% it will be English thread - it is the defacto standard for non press fit BB, all American and Asian bikes and even most newer Italian bikes are English thread- you can check the specs online but if your BB shell width is 68 or 73mm then it will be english (Italian has a 70mm BB shell on the bike). Also for English thread BB's the Drive side cups have a reverse (left hand thread) that means both DS and non DS tighten towards the rear.
The thread size is different between italian and english also.
Are you sure that your existing chain ring will fit the BCD of 105 crank and give you the correct chainline?

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 1st Aug 2014 11:46 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi Zappadeedoohdah, really appriceite for you info. I can't find any info on my bike itself and online reagrding the orignal default bolt circle diameter.

Am i able to say, if my current chainring is 53T and shimanon 105 biggest teeth is also 53T, it should match?

Thanks again.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Aug 2014 12:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Has nothing to do with the number of teeth
Shimano 105/Ultegra 10 speed BCD is 130mm for a double. so for a 5 bolt chain ring it should measure 76.4mm from the centre to centre of each mounting bolt / hole. You can measure it up. Probably better to buy a complete crank and just remove the 39T chainring - will look better too.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 1st Aug 2014 12:15 PM    Quote and Reply

Ok noted with thanks.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings