Topic: tips on how to attach 33.9mm dia seatpost to 25.4 mm dia slot?

Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 12:41 PM    Quote and Reply

is there any adapter or something i can use? any tips to suggest?

appreciate the help 
Regular Forumer
19 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 12:55 PM    Quote and Reply

If the Seat tube is a bigger diameter than the seat post then some sort of shim / sleave could conceivably be used but as the seat post appears to be over 7mm wider there is nothing you can do - it is not going to fit. It is the Seatpost @ 33.9 and your frame seat tube is 25.4 correct?

Your best bet will be to sell the 33.9 and buy a 25.4mm OD seatpost - Thomson make (or used to make) an Aluminium 25.4mm in their Elite range. Otherwise you may have to use one of those chromed steel types that cruiser bikes come with. Most modern steel bike seat tubing is made for 27.2mm seat posts which also won't fit your frame so it may be tricky to get one

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 1:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Possible but then it most likely will be a custom job. It making a coupling with one end that has a inner diameter 33.9mm and the other end with outer diameter of 25.4mm. If you know what I mean. But you might have to cut your 33.9mm post till very short to accomodate the coupling. But then for that effort and cost? Just go buy a 25.4mm post.

Regular Forumer
40 posts
Forum Rep: 4

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 1:52 PM    Quote and Reply

thanks for the response. 
i though there is some kind of adapter or something... like in pipes.. 
anyways, might as well sell the 33.9 dia seat post.

any local shops that sell 25.4mm dia seatposts?

i just need a longer seatpost to less strain to my legwork.. 

Regular Forumer
19 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 1:57 PM    Quote and Reply

I think most bike shop should carry. Why not start off with the one nearest to your house? Maybe try marketplace for a used one?

Regular Forumer
40 posts
Forum Rep: 4

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 2:46 PM    Quote and Reply

If you are not looking for anything expensive and don't mind them quite heavy your best bet will be local shops that sell / repair market bikes - they are more likely to have that size than shops selling high end road bikes and the like.
BMX's use 25.4mm as standard but most of them are sold very short and have a pivotal saddle mount so probably won't work with your bike anyway. 

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 22nd Jul 2014 4:52 PM    Quote and Reply

yes BMX seat posts are quite short.

weight will be no issue. so im looking for the cheapo's. 

someone offered 40 already. will wait for cheaper ones... 

Regular Forumer
19 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings