Topic: Foldie/Roadie PCN riders

Posted on: 6th Aug 2014 4:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Over the past few weeks I saw about 4 clashes in east coast park alone. One girl was bleeding on her leg...guess clash with a toddler on tricycle. I myself got 2 near clashes. Both with teenage boys. One was not looking in front, the other suddenly Uturn.

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Aug 2014 4:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Over the past few weeks I saw about 4 clashes in east coast park alone. One girl was bleeding on her leg...guess clash with a toddler on tricycle. I myself got 2 near clashes. Both with teenage boys. One was not looking in front, the other suddenly Uturn.

Regular Forumer
245 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Aug 2014 9:14 PM    Quote and Reply

I think most of us will agree that road bike riding on PCN is more dangerous in the sense that most likely will have clashes due to the nature of riders there. Maybe road bike does not belong there due to the fast speed. However, the chances of accident riding on road is lesser compared to PCN, but once kenna is most likely fatal kind due to hit by motroised vehicle especially if hit by big truck, buses etc

Regular Forumer
245 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Aug 2014 10:02 PM    Quote and Reply

I don't think that cycling on the road is really that dangerous - OK the consequences of getting hit by a motor vehicle is as bad as it gets but it doesn't really happen on a regular basis. Having said that I do think that soceity tolerates far too much in the way of general road incednts, the figures are way too high. If Singapore was sending a company of men to the middle east to fight each year and they all came back dead or wounded theire would be outrage but that's pretty much what happens on our roads and it's accepted.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th Aug 2014 11:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Er.......pisces134, are you missing rbc1891's comment on PCN safety hence luring him out with your posting ?

He can retrieve those archive files in his head & tell you in detail what he saw years ago

Regular Forumer
115 posts
Forum Rep: 9

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Aug 2014 11:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Wow...I am not aware actually, tell me what happened !

Regular Forumer
245 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Aug 2014 6:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Just about 2 or 3 weeks ago, as I was paddling hard along Changi Beach PCN, the portion just after Coastal PCN along the sea side, came across a foldie park across in the middle of the PCN taking up half the PCN. Riders have to go left or right of the parked bike which belong to a woman (she was some distance away taking picture of some flowers). As I paddled past I 'shouted' at her to park at least properly, along to one side so as not to block, she shouted back, 'a while only', thinking that is OK if for 5 or 10 mins. But, mind you there are quite a number of bikes passing by within that period. Sometime, people think differently. Dun understand why must block the middle portion of PCN if wanna park, cannot move to one side or even park at the grass patch. This inconsderate behaviour can cost riders trying to avoid her to get into a clash with bike come from other side as I notice the speed there is rather fast.

Regular Forumer
245 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Aug 2014 9:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Today is our national day, had a great ride this afternoon......on ROAD !!
My God, I did it on the full stretch of Changi Coastal Road, about 6km stretch from Changi Jetty to near Easst Coast park. I noticed the car and truck usually just give way and goes on the other outer lane and I goes around 27-34km/h most of the time. All good except for One Merc dun know why comes within 6inches of me although the outer lane is empty and free. Not sure the driver objective though. Any one got such encounter of such rich driver?

Regular Forumer
245 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Aug 2014 10:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Merc and BMW drivers are the worst, think they own the road - some of the foreign goods vehicle drivers can be dodgy as well. 

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 9th Aug 2014 10:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Not worth risking your life to cycle on the road.
take the cycling route that is built for its purpose. 

Regular Forumer
23 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings