Topic: Help with choosing a commuter bike!

Posted on: 23rd Jun 2014 3:52 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to bikes. Just looking at my options now. My budget is under 1k. I don't like fixies just the look of them, a 5 speed or more with brakes would be awesome. The Retrospec Sid-7 and Tokyo CS are the types of bikes I'm into.

Something with that classy look without a compromise in speed and ease. Would anybody have any other brand or bike shop suggestions I can look at? I usually cycle to the city via different routes from bedok. 
Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jun 2014 4:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by jonoh: Hi guys,

I'm quite new to bikes. Just looking at my options now. My budget is under 1k. I don't like fixies just the look of them, a 5 speed or more with brakes would be awesome. The Retrospec Sid-7 and Tokyo CS are the types of bikes I'm into.

Something with that classy look without a compromise in speed and ease. Would anybody have any other brand or bike shop suggestions I can look at? I usually cycle to the city via different routes from bedok. "

Are you looking at foldies, mini-velos or pure commuter bikes? 

Regular Forumer
25 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jun 2014 7:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Pure commuter bikes for sure!

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jun 2014 8:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:

Something with that classy look without a compromise in speed and ease. Would anybody have any other brand or bike shop suggestions I can look at? I usually cycle to the city via different routes from bedok. "
Can check if you find any at Fusion Cycle interesting?

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Jun 2014 9:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Had a look, not really but thank you for suggesting that. I would prefer a bike with flat handlebars. The Trek Allant would be the kind of bike I'm aiming for. I've summed a couple of similar bikes I will need to check with local stores about. Just wondering if anyone had any more suggestions on shops and brands. 

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Jun 2014 10:57 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:

Dude, check out creed cycle.
Pure Commuter bikes from Vanmoof. very stylish. Inbuilt lights.
My friend brings in them via creed cycle. they have other brands but the vanmoof is my personal fav.

https://www.facebook.com/CreedCycle 

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 5

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Jun 2014 8:44 PM    Quote and Reply

I'd recommend Hello Bicycle at 135 Middle Road. Check out their website, plenty of choice with RRPs stated. Personal favourite would be the Creme Ristretto.

Regular Forumer
246 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 26th Jun 2014 2:16 AM    Quote and Reply

hey asswipe (nice) and malcolmt,

thanks guys for those suggestions! exactly the kind stuff i'm looking for!  

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings