Topic: Cronus Folding Bike

Posted on: 27th Mar 2014 4:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, I've been recently reading up on the postings here about foldies as I'm interested to get one. Understand that there are a few brands available (Vert, Hachiko, Dahon, Tern, Java, Polygon, Raleigh etc), with the more established and recommended ones being mainly Dahon or Tern though they are more expensive too. While going through Giant Hypermart the other day, I came across this brand Cronus. There was a folding model (Cronus High Speed 3.0) priced at $799 with the specs listed below. Anyone heard about this brand of folding bikes? Comments?

Cronus High Speed 3.0 V12
Size 20 x 12.5"
Frame CRONUS Alloy Foldable
Fork CRONUS Alloy Taper Fork
Shifter SRAM X7 (8SP)
Shock -
F Derailleur -
R Derailleur SRAM X7
Freewheel SRAM PG-850, 8 Speed Cassette
Chain KMC Z72
Crankset FSA AF11-152A-BG3-5, 52T, 170mm
Brakes TEKTRO M530, Alloy V-Brake (Jagwire Cable housing)
Seatpost PROMAX Alloy SP22FHE, 580mm with alloy clamp
Saddle WTB Silverado Comp Black
Handlebar ZOOM MTB-AL-110PP, Alloy , 580mm wide
Head Stem CRONUS Alloy
Wheelset CRONUS Alloy Double Wall
Tires SCHWALBE, 20 x 2.0"
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Mar 2014 11:03 AM    Quote and Reply

U probably can find something within that price from tern or dahon

Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Mar 2014 11:55 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for your input alt3r3go, I'll be checking out Tern and Dahon too. The comments I read indicate that these 2 are good and reliable and physically, many other brand bikes look very similar to their designs too.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Mar 2014 8:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Looks can be deceiving, best u try the bikes out and choose the ones within yr comfort level and budget

Regular Forumer
27 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Apr 2014 12:42 AM    Quote and Reply

if your budget is $799, you might want to consider the Lamborghini $788.

It is an undervalued bike, light and fast. Able to upgrade for better road bike components and experience.

It is not a much talk about bike in the foldie market due to its lack of marketing and publicity. 

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?aid=646717

you might want to consider that, look for the GP bike boss Paul for more details of the bike.

I m a happy owner of Lamborghini foldie.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Jun 2014 10:30 PM    Quote and Reply

I have own one & my second foldie, my butt review ; parts given are good quality tats include the smooth bearing of wheel & cranks . Brakes are best mechnical brake I had came across maybe becos of the steel hose . Frame lock are firm and well design. But graphic design on the fonts are not impressive. And if bought at 799 are bit high , I bought much cheaper.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Jul 2014 12:00 AM    Quote and Reply

Im selling my cronus high speed 3.0 for $550. As good as new. Riden once. Anyone interested can contact me.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Sep 2014 3:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by JeffreYeo: if your budget is $799, you might want to consider the Lamborghini $788.

It is an undervalued bike, light and fast. Able to upgrade for better road bike components and experience.

It is not a much talk about bike in the foldie market due to its lack of marketing and publicity. 

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?aid=646717

you might want to consider that, look for the GP bike boss Paul for more details of the bike.

I m a happy owner of Lamborghini foldie.

"
How does a Lambo feels..? Upright position or 'roadie like' kinda...? I'm planning to buy one Lambo for myself, hopping its a upright posture kinda..

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 18th May 2015 10:57 AM    Quote and Reply

Got one Cronus foldable , rebranded as Sportsclub, from Jurong Bigbox's Giant last Friday for $259(1st 50 at $259, normal $299). Managed to cycle from Bedok Reservoir to Esplanade thru the PCN in about 3 hours (with 15-20 min stop at Bedok Food Court) . Bike is about 11kg. Can carry up 5-6 stairs easily. Pretty Good ride, seat post goes up high enough for me to extend my legs completely, I'm 6'3. Seat was a bit uncomfortable though, no springs. 20 inch wheels so slower than a normal bike, but foldable so just packed it up into a taxi at Esplanade and came back home. Bike comes with a 3 yr warranty, in case frame breaks.

I'm not sure exactly what version of the cronus it is though, comes with a Shimano microshifter, which I can't match to any bike on Cronus's webpage.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th May 2015 11:26 PM    Quote and Reply

U can get Crius master V by Litepro. Very light also.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings