Thank you Captain Obvious

Regular Forumer
12 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Feb 2015 5:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys, 

Happy Chinese New Year!

with the rapid increase of PCNs (good for us!) i am tempted to get a foldie to get around.
Have been riding MTB in trails and roads, i think i wanna take it slow now, riding in PCNs crossing towns and admiring scenaries.

I probably have the budget as most of you guys have (400 - 600 for a start)
I have been doing some reading up, presently shortlisted are 
1) Vert - (whats that model with thesport rims?)
2) if damm lucky enuff, find a used Dahon Jetstream?

Kinda like some suspension on the foldie but like all other things, bits comes with price.
thus off the list went Birdy, brand new Jetstream etc.

After a long writeup, i think my heart will probably go for Vert.
I am always a willing victim of Marketing and i think Vert has done well with their exposure and end customers reviews.

But i always welcome any valuable opinions from well-versed riders from here!

-JOHN BREMBO CHING-
HP : 9668 9088
Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Mar 2015 7:36 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by brembo: Hi guys, 

Happy Chinese New Year!

with the rapid increase of PCNs (good for us!) i am tempted to get a foldie to get around.
Have been riding MTB in trails and roads, i think i wanna take it slow now, riding in PCNs crossing towns and admiring scenaries.

I probably have the budget as most of you guys have (400 - 600 for a start)
I have been doing some reading up, presently shortlisted are 
1) Vert - (whats that model with thesport rims?)
2) if damm lucky enuff, find a used Dahon Jetstream?

Kinda like some suspension on the foldie but like all other things, bits comes with price.
thus off the list went Birdy, brand new Jetstream etc.

After a long writeup, i think my heart will probably go for Vert.
I am always a willing victim of Marketing and i think Vert has done well with their exposure and end customers reviews.

But i always welcome any valuable opinions from well-versed riders from here!"

the vert is actually a pretty decent entry bike at a reasonable price too. Juz need to take note that u should get the vert v8 wif 8 speed instead of the 7 speed coz the 8speed wheels can be upgraded to 10 speed if u feel the need to in the future whereas the 7 speed cant. The java is oso a pretty good bike but it all comes down to individual preference. Head on down to the bikeshops to test ride n see which u like better. Ride safe.

Regular Forumer
93 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 9:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Is there a Vert with 8 speed gearing? Looking to get a basic foldie for my wife and have shortlisted the V8 but it seems to be 7 speed. Thanks

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 10:44 PM    Quote and Reply

for the 8 speed one, must top up more $$$, which goes to a better wheelset. go give the guy a call to enquire 

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th May 2015 10:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by whezzy:
Hi also a newbie here.

I wanted to purchase a new folding bike of my own and is considering between Vert V8 as well as the Java TT Decaf (2015 edition).

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?aid=727120 (Java TT Decaf 2015)

Pricing for both are relatively similar with the Java Decaf at $418 and the Vert V8 at $398

However, for the 2015 Java Decaf, it comes with a 451 wheel set which i understood to be slightly faster and supposingly more aesthetically pleasing to the eye due to the slimmer width. However, the trade off is that the 451 wheel set is not as common as the 406 wheel set? Would that pose a big problem in terms of repair and maintenance and replacing of parts? 

Which would be the preferred choice given the specs and the above mentioned limitation of the 451 wheelset?

Thank you "

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings