Topic: Java Fit vs Vert V8 vs Tern Link D8

Posted on: 22nd Aug 2014 3:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by rata: Hi all,

Newbie here.
I'm looking for a foldie, budget around $400. 
Plan to purchase the Vert 8, any review / advice on this? or do you have any foldie to recommend?
Thanks.

1) to ride at PCN / parks.
2) main purpose to exercise & keep fit.
3) my weight around 110kg. "

Recently bought the Vert V8 for the occasional use when too lazy to pack MTB into car.
It's a pretty decent bike. Feels reasonably solid. On flat roads I find the tall gear not sufficiently fast :)

Got not real complaints about it. Decent bike at an attractive price.
Ultimately I still prefer my 26" MTB if I were to travel longer distances, as I find it gives me a more 'solid' feel.

110kg might be pushing it, but I suppose the foldie can still take the load :)
Hopefully after a lot of riding, the load on the bike will reduce ?

Regular Forumer
286 posts
Forum Rep: 34

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Aug 2014 5:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi also a newbie here.

I wanted to purchase a new folding bike of my own and is considering between Vert V8 as well as the Java TT Decaf (2015 edition).

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?aid=727120 (Java TT Decaf 2015)

Pricing for both are relatively similar with the Java Decaf at $418 and the Vert V8 at $398

However, for the 2015 Java Decaf, it comes with a 451 wheel set which i understood to be slightly faster and supposingly more aesthetically pleasing to the eye due to the slimmer width. However, the trade off is that the 451 wheel set is not as common as the 406 wheel set? Would that pose a big problem in terms of repair and maintenance and replacing of parts? 

Which would be the preferred choice given the specs and the above mentioned limitation of the 451 wheelset?

Thank you 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Aug 2014 8:43 PM    Quote and Reply

451 is still pretty common.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by whezzy: Hi also a newbie here.

I wanted to purchase a new folding bike of my own and is considering between Vert V8 as well as the Java TT Decaf (2015 edition).

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?aid=727120 (Java TT Decaf 2015)

Pricing for both are relatively similar with the Java Decaf at $418 and the Vert V8 at $398

However, for the 2015 Java Decaf, it comes with a 451 wheel set which i understood to be slightly faster and supposingly more aesthetically pleasing to the eye due to the slimmer width. However, the trade off is that the 451 wheel set is not as common as the 406 wheel set? Would that pose a big problem in terms of repair and maintenance and replacing of parts? 

Which would be the preferred choice given the specs and the above mentioned limitation of the 451 wheelset?

Thank you "

Regular Forumer
92 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 23rd Aug 2014 1:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Anyone know if Java Fit can be upgrade to 9sp or 10sp casse.?

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Sep 2014 9:09 PM    Quote and Reply

I upgraded my to a 10 speed shimano 105

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Sep 2014 2:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Just bought a JAVA FIT. I strongly recommend. Stiff & solid, slick sexy looking, affordable, comfortable, can upgrade parts if neccesary, not neccesary then no need, save money, stock oredi good enuff fast enuff depends how fit U are to pedal.. If U want faster, take up motorbike license.. I've no regrets with JAVA FIT, i'm gona keep it for long.. Enuff said..

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 26th Sep 2014 8:51 PM    Quote and Reply

I just got mine too! Its such a nice looking bike n pretty good entry lvl bike to start a new hobby with. Fitted a child seat in front n now i can bring my 4 yr old along riding wif me. Took my java out for a first spin wif my son n he is so enjoying it! Great quality time. Im surprised how well this bike can handle the weight of me n my son... Im almost 100kg n my son is 15kg. So i must say this bike is pretty strong for the price tag.. Good buy!! 

Regular Forumer
93 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Oct 2014 11:56 AM    Quote and Reply

I also using Java Fit, pls advise where to buy the "child seat" that are suitable for Java? Go to few bike shops but just cannot find one that can fix it in.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Oct 2014 2:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nickson.tan.10: I also using Java Fit, pls advise where to buy the "child seat" that are suitable for Java? Go to few bike shops but just cannot find one that can fix it in.
 "

I got mine from jb. They have it here in sg too but price slightly highly ard $85. Look for the kind of child seat that can be attached to the seatpost of ur ride. Good for child below 15kg.

Regular Forumer
93 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Oct 2014 1:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Anyone bought U bike?It's a brand from Taiwan 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings