Topic: Tonino Lamborghini folding bike (18speed)

Posted on: 21st Jul 2016 10:58 AM    Quote and Reply

I have been using control tech alloy 451 for a couple of years ever since I bought the lambo and to sum it in just a few words - speed, acceleration and hardy! 

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed

I am currently using:
Tonino Lamborgini Concetto 20 speed
Dahon Curve D7 modded to 10 speed
Ridley Fenix SL
Regular Forumer
37 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 18th May 2017 9:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Anyone still riding this bike? Is there a better 2017 version now? tks

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 18th May 2017 12:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pisces134: Anyone still riding this bike? Is there a better 2017 version now? tks"

A friend of mine still rides it, as far as he knows, there's no improvements as he visits GP every now and then fo tune-ups. The folding is really something to get used to. For the price, unbelievably pricey, doesn't match the parts equipped with it even for the higher range model.

Regular Forumer
188 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th May 2017 11:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi, I'm riding the Lamboghini concerto and I'm now having squeaking noise on my headset. I understand it's using loose bearing. Can anyone advice whether I can change it to cage bearing? If can, can someone provide me with the part number or the OD, ID and and the width. I understand there are different type of headset bearing too. Pls provide with additional info if available.
Thanks all in advance.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 20th May 2017 11:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi, I'm riding the Lamboghini concerto and I'm now having squeaking noise on my headset. I understand it's using loose bearing. Can anyone advice whether I can change it to cage bearing? If can, can someone provide me with the part number or the OD, ID and and the width. I understand there are different type of headset bearing too. Pls provide with additional info if available.
Thanks all in advance.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 20th May 2017 12:46 PM    Quote and Reply

The geometry is designed after the KHS F20 foldie series, improves on less complicated and more rigid frame. and cost cheaper than the KHS ones.

IMO, the low end model of this bike Lambo folding bike is the fastest of all the foldies below 900 bucks (full stock parts and @ retail price, that is)

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 23rd May 2017 5:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by skdes64: Hi, I'm riding the Lamboghini concerto and I'm now having squeaking noise on my headset. I understand it's using loose bearing. Can anyone advice whether I can change it to cage bearing? If can, can someone provide me with the part number or the OD, ID and and the width. I understand there are different type of headset bearing too. Pls provide with additional info if available.
Thanks all in advance."

Have you tried asking GP Bikes?

If it's jus squeaking, try to spray some WD40 onto the squeaking area. If that helps, then it's just that the headset is kind of dry.

If it's squeaking and jerky, rickety, loosen the side bolts, grease the headset, tighten the top cap and tighten the side bolts again.

Regular Forumer
188 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Oct 2018 5:50 PM    Quote and Reply

can shimano ultegra 6700 groupset fit tonino lamborghini ?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2018 5:50 PM    Quote and Reply

can shimano ultegra 6700 groupset fit tonino lamborghini ?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Oct 2018 6:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes. No problem with Shimano 10 speed groupset

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed