Topic: pump air at petrol station

Posted on: 21st Dec 2012 4:10 AM    Quote and Reply

I believe should be 150 PSI when air compressor was new. But that SHELL petrol koisk only around last couple of years. So those with tubular may still need to buy your own pump.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 43

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Dec 2012 4:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi Everyone,
The last time I used a 700 X 20C clincher, it seems to be rather fragile.
Any better recommendation for 700C for competition use?
Many thanks

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Jan 2013 11:48 PM    Quote and Reply

A question for experts who use petrol station pumps... The last time (and only time) i had to inflate my tires at petrol station, i had to set the digital psi to like 300 to get around 60 on my tires... quite scary (and waste of time trial-and-error). Is this normal??

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Jan 2013 4:26 AM    Quote and Reply

We need to select Kpa or PSI at petrol koisks, before we inflate tyre/tire. The facility can not pre-select for us. Do not wait for the government to select for us.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Jan 2013 8:12 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by 2012zpp:

A question for experts who use petrol station pumps... The last time (and only time) i had to inflate my tires at petrol station, i had to set the digital psi to like 300 to get around 60 on my tires... quite scary (and waste of time trial-and-error). Is this normal??

"

The default setting for all the digital pumps I've encountered so far in SG is in kPa. You'll need to press the 'conversion' button to get the psi reading.

And I don't think any gas station pumps can give you 300 psi.

Regular Forumer
200 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Jan 2013 8:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by 2012zpp:

"

its normal. i usually press the button up to 300 to get 60psi.

Regular Forumer
72 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Mar 2015 11:53 AM    Quote and Reply

BANG! Anyone exploded a bike's inner tube using petrol station air pump?
I heard motorists say the rate of air delivery is very fast.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Mar 2015 1:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Yes, me , when i started riding 2 years ago...didn't know it was in KPA, also the tubes and tires  for my supermarket bike was already worn out... hence...BANG, for BOTH ...very big lobang.. alot of stares lor... face cannot lookup after that

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings