Topic: Taipei Bike Shops - Dahon, Tern or Tyrell folding bikes

Posted on: 10th Mar 2012 11:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, I'm heading to Taipei next week. Would like some advice where are some of the shops available as I'm not getting much results from Google. I can't read Chinese too :-(

Most prob be looking for a Dahon Vector 10, Tern Verge X10 or similar weight bike. I doubt Tyrell FX will be available there at good price.

Any bikers here who bought before can advise? Thank you.
Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Mar 2012 11:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

Suggest you take a cab to Nei Hu area. Look for Rui Kwang Road unit 102. This is the Aster bike address. there are about 4 to 5 shops there.

Suggest you take a cab to the road. Tell them you are looking for bikes. They are more than happy to bring you there.

Good luck!

Yoke Lim

Regular Forumer
41 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Shadow
Posted on: 12th Mar 2012 1:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks Yoke Lim. Managed to locate the MERIDA & GIANT shops thru Google Maps. Saw the shop with street view too :-)

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Mar 2012 6:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Updates: Just wanted to share my shopping trip at Taipei. Bike shops are super....rare! Many motorbike(scooters) shops but bicycle shops are like premium, few and far between.

Managed to visit 2 shops after much hunting. Bought my Dahons from one shop(forgot the name) and accessories from another called Stripe Magic. Dahons are 80% of local pricing which is like 60% SG pricing. Quite decent offerings and a number of nice folding bikes like Dahons and Tyrell. Warranty only need to register online.

Taiwan has many GIANT & MERIDA shops selling mostly road bikes but few folding bikes. Accessories are way much cheaper than SG. eg. a Topeak iPhone pouch is selling for TWD590 (before discount) = SGD25.60 when SG is selling SGD38! & a topeak water holder is TWD350(SGD15.20) & locally it SGD25!

Transported the bikes back to SG by checking into cargo. Paid for excess weight & GST but still cheaper than SG price.

Will visit again maybe during next years Taipei Cycle 2013 just to check out the new stuff. 

Regular Forumer
11 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Sep 2012 1:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Does any1 know where to get a Dahon Dove in Taiwan, Taipei? 

Many Thanks 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Sep 2012 3:24 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,
Dahon Dove is a China only model. Not avaibale in Taiwan.....
You should ask this query at LCSG FB page.....some riders there got this.
And it's very poisonous....it's soooo Mmmm HHhhh Arrhhh CUTE!
14" Wheelsize, EXTREMELY Portable but there is a limitation on the riders' weight! Max 75kgs I think! LOL!
Just saw a pair of them last Sunday...

A Blue Horizon Is Appearing
Regular Forumer
116 posts

Posted on: 16th Nov 2012 6:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi I'm going there next week too.
Any other shops besides the Nei Hu area?
I'm looking to get a Dahon MU P8. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Nov 2012 1:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wretchedworm: Hi I'm going there next week too.
I'm looking to get a Dahon MU P8. "

Hi,
You can check out this weblink: http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=66697
When you do go visit any of these shops, do us a favour please!
Kindly update us here with a short summary on Who, What, Where, How, the usual details....
Cos there are many of us here who will be visiting Taipei/Taiwan to buy bikes & accessories.... LOL!!

Regular Forumer
116 posts

Posted on: 16th Nov 2012 1:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wretchedworm: Hi I'm going there next week too.
I'm looking to get a Dahon MU P8. "

Hi,
Another link for your review/research purposes:
http://www.formosanfattire.com/bikeshops/

Regular Forumer
116 posts

Posted on: 17th Nov 2015 12:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by IvanLim: Hi,
Dahon Dove is a China only model. Not avaibale in Taiwan.....
You should ask this query at LCSG FB page.....some riders there got this.
And it's very poisonous....it's soooo Mmmm HHhhh Arrhhh CUTE!
14" Wheelsize, EXTREMELY Portable but there is a limitation on the riders' weight! Max 75kgs I think! LOL!
Just saw a pair of them last Sunday..."

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Nov 2015 11:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Didn't they sell the Dahon Dove in Singapore also? but if you do find one in Taipei for a good price it would be sooo easy to take home because they are only 8KG and you can just dump it into your luggage and still have room to spare! When I bought my spin 2.0 FSIR bike with 14 inch tires I was able to put everything into a normal sized check in luggage and still have room for clothes! compared to my 20" Tern I would have NO room after that bike is in the luggage. I find 14" bikes are great for travelling if you know that there will be some nice bike trails where you are staying.

Regular Forumer
26 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Canada
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings