Log in! Login with Facebook or userID: Password:   New? Join Togoparts! Forgot your Password?
   Launch PM  You are currently browsing from United States 

States/Region/District:

City/Town:

Advertisement
Forums  >  Bike Talk  >  Folding, Mini-Velos, Commuter Bikes
Topic: Anyone bought foldable from China Dahon
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 6:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Today my friend and I went to the Dahon shop at Shanghai and the shop is pretty crowded. There are many interesting models selling at pretty reasonable price. 

Speed P8 (Domestic model) = S$600. They call it SP8
Mu P8 (Domestic model) = S$700. They call it Mu P8

There are another 2 models selling at pretty good price but I dont know which models are these. They call them MP18 (KAA083) and SP18 (KAC083). Specs are listed below.  

http://www.dahon.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1040&page=1

Anyone bought Dahon from China or Taiwan.

htngwilliam

13th Jun 2011
Total Forum Rep: 0
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 9:12 PM   Quote and Reply

i bought a Archer P8 (china domestic model) in HK, which is very similar to the Speed P8.. Cro-Moly frame and some components are different... it was just SGD300+.. even the Speed P8 was only going for just SGD600+ in HK. I think prices are higher in Shanghai..

achtung7

15th Aug 2011
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 9:26 PM   Quote and Reply

I saw the specs for archer P8 2011 and speed p8 2011. Cant tell difference except the printing of china domestic on the frame. It comes with big apple tire and also the built in pump. If speed p8 is $500 in Hongkong, worthwhile buying but I think maybe very ex for the transport. Shanghai dahon is in pudong, 10 mins drive from pudong airport.

htngwilliam

13th Jun 2011
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 10:05 PM   Quote and Reply

Sorry folks. I mean for a novice like me, probably cant tell the difference. They could be using some lower end parts, gears etc...What I saw what definitely there is big apple tire.

Come think of it, in SG, $550 can only buy Eco C7. I think even $550 for SP8 (Domestic) is a brilliant buy. If for $300+++, I think dont wait, just buy buy buy!!  

htngwilliam

13th Jun 2011
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 10:05 PM   Quote and Reply

Sorry folks. I mean for a novice like me, probably cant tell the difference. They could be using some lower end parts, gears etc...What I saw what definitely there is big apple tire.

Come think of it, in SG, $550 can only buy Eco C7. I think even $550 for SP8 (Domestic) is a brilliant buy. If for $300+++, I think dont wait, just buy buy buy!!  

htngwilliam

13th Jun 2011
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 10:07 PM   Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by htngwilliam: I saw the specs for archer P8 2011 and speed p8 2011. Cant tell difference except the printing of china domestic on the frame. It comes with big apple tire and also the built in pump. If speed p8 is $500 in Hongkong, worthwhile buying but I think maybe very ex for the transport. Shanghai dahon is in pudong, 10 mins drive from pudong airport.

"
I've bought my KAA083 from Shanghai 3 days ago and has since ridden ~40 km on it. There are at least 3 more Dahon retail outlets in Puxi area (Hongkou area, Wuzhong Lu, Qibao area). You could actually call up the shop and get them to deliver to your hotel or office and pay cash. Just inform them you intend to bring it on the plane and have it packed in a box and you can check it in like a regular luggage.

oogonia

15th Feb 2012
Posted on: 20th Feb 2012 11:18 PM   Quote and Reply

So solid! Tomorrow I driving down to get KAA083 and Speed P8 (Archer P8). Haha! This KAA083 is it the Singapore Vitesse P18? I only saw white and silver KAA083. Any other option? 

htngwilliam

13th Jun 2011
Post a Reply
Forum Etiquette & Rules . Report Abuse
Go to:
Togoparts.com is the number one bicycle portal in Singapore featuring classifieds marketplace for buying and selling Mountain Bikes, MTB, Road Bikes, Tri Bikes, Time Trial Bikes, Folding Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, Singlespeed Bikes, Tandem Bikes. Find useful bike products and services information like Suspensions Forks, Wheels, Frames, Brakes, Handlebars, Pedals, Stems, Seatposts, Jerseys and Accessories. Read consumer reviews, in-depth bike product reviews and event coverages.
Copyright© 2001-2014 Togoparts.com
All Rights Reserved.