Topic: Shops to recommend for bike overhaul

Posted on: 8th Dec 2019 5:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all,

I have been away from cycling for close to a decade now. However someone manage to temp me back into the sport. I have an old Scott Speedster S20 that is covered in dust now and I would like to seek advise for a good place to do a complete overhaul.

I will probably need to change the entire group set and to get a new saddle. And I bet my wheels will need to be true as well.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Thank you all! 
Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Dec 2019 9:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by hotkopipeng: Hi all,

I have been away from cycling for close to a decade now. However someone manage to temp me back into the sport. I have an old Scott Speedster S20 that is covered in dust now and I would like to seek advise for a good place to do a complete overhaul.

I will probably need to change the entire group set and to get a new saddle. And I bet my wheels will need to be true as well.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Thank you all! "

Hey there, check out the star merchants section! All of them are pretty ideal to do an overhaul! 

'Togoparts Challenge Cheerleader'
105 posts
Forum Rep: 23

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
1) Test
Posted on: 10th Dec 2019 11:41 AM    Quote and Reply

Hey Kent, thank you so much for your reply. It has been a while since I last use this site. I will be visiting one of the star merchant today, hope to be back on the road too.

One more question, I was wondering, has anyone done trade ins for bikes as well? And if so, any shops to recommend? If the price for an overhaul is too expensive, might as well get a new one =P

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Dec 2019 10:06 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by hotkopipeng: Hey Kent, thank you so much for your reply. It has been a while since I last use this site. I will be visiting one of the star merchant today, hope to be back on the road too.

One more question, I was wondering, has anyone done trade ins for bikes as well? And if so, any shops to recommend? If the price for an overhaul is too expensive, might as well get a new one =P"
l

Quite not sure about the trade ins. But i have a feeling, just try to contact bikemartSG. They do sell pre-owned and refurbished bikes too. So, with that nature, they might be open for trade in. 

pretty sure though, they do have low priced bikes for you to get a new one! 

'Togoparts Challenge Cheerleader'
105 posts
Forum Rep: 23

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
1) Test
Login to see your Forum Rankings