Topic: Servicing of Specialized road bikes

Posted on: 16th Jun 2019 6:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, new member here. Have been cycling since young and my last biking hobby was when I had a GT Aggressor back when I was staying in Pasir Ris. Just got back to the hobby after purchasing a Specialized road bike. As I'm staying in the west now, can anyone recommend a bike shop that services Specialized bikes in the west area? I checked Specialized SG's website and saw Tiong Hin as one of their retailers (Bukit Merah & Sin Ming) but was wondering if there are other bikes shops in the west? Thanks. 
Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 6:42 AM    Quote and Reply

Years back, there used to be an axpensive one along Jurong West Avenue 1, some of us complaining about, that did service road bikes. No idea if its still aound.

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 6:55 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks RBC, that would be nice as I stay at Jurong West Ave 1. There is one near my place but I don't think they service branded bikes but I noticed they had given up their store space and now operates as just a kiosk at the side. I think this is the store that people were complaining about because I've seen the shop guy being rude before lol. There is a Rodalink near IMM think I'll call them to check.

Now that I think about it, actually I don't need a shop that repairs specifically Specialized bikes since the bike's standard parts are mostly Shimano (except the frame & fork). 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 7:00 AM    Quote and Reply

BTW I saw bike servicing ads here ranging from $80-150, some even offering pickup and delivery. I may use that if I need maintenance/tune-up in future. Would appreciate if anyone can feedback if they have ever used their services before. Anyway my bike has not been delivered yet lol. 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 8:50 AM    Quote and Reply

I usually clean up bike, especially after being caught in the rain. Inflate the tire. Oil the change. Check the brakes, tire and steerer, just like in YouTube. What servicing do you need?

Regular Forumer
6,192 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2019 9:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Normal maintenance I can do, more for instances where the chain/cable breaks or dérailleurs damaged. Also for annual tune-ups or thorough disassembled cleaning. I think Roadalink is my best bet and the closest to me since its near IMM. Fortunately most of the parts which will go thru serious wear and tear are generic Shimano parts so no need for a Specialized retailer. 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jun 2019 10:21 PM    Quote and Reply

Go the DIY way. Its not difficult. I bought a Bike Hand toolset for S$50+, and learn from youtube. My favourite channels are GCN, Arts Cyclery and ParkTools.

Regular Forumer
84 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Posted on: 19th Jun 2019 6:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks will check them out l 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings