Topic: Looking for Recommendation for Bike Servicing

Posted on: 27th Nov 2018 11:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all,

I've gotten my bike for a few years now but have not done any form of servicing ever since.

Would like to ask for recommendation in the Central Area (Boon Keng to be exact) where I can send my bike for servicing.

Thanks in advance.
Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Nov 2018 4:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by dexterchua: Hi all,

I've gotten my bike for a few years now but have not done any form of servicing ever since.

Would like to ask for recommendation in the Central Area (Boon Keng to be exact) where I can send my bike for servicing.

Thanks in advance."

I have heard good things about R3 Cycles. I do not know where they are located though. They're good on servicing. If you want some wheel servicing, built wheels is also a place to go to. 

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Posted on: 28th Nov 2018 10:12 PM    Quote and Reply

What sort of bicycle u using? any target servicing budget in mind? partial or full servicing or plus spare parts replacement inclusive? thanks.

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 29th Nov 2018 3:43 AM    Quote and Reply

wat sort of bike u own? when cycling what aspect of it needs to be addressed i.e does it shift badly, brakes weakly or perhaps stem, fork a bit loose? are there hydraulics involved or everything's cable operated for example? for me if cost of miantenance hits a certain point getting a new bike might be the smarter play provided we aren't talking about a super high end bike of course haha

Regular Forumer
173 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Nov 2018 5:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the replies so far..

I'm riding a 3 by 9 speed Polygon Xtrada 5 with disc brakes.

I've been experiencing jumps in gears especially when shifting down. Cassette and chain a little rusty also. Otherwise, the ride has still been alright for me.

Thinking of sending my ride to New Era Cycle for servicing to check the various parts. Might even be interested to do a little upgrading.

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Nov 2018 9:10 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by dexterchua: Thanks for the replies so far..

I've been experiencing jumps in gears especially when shifting down. Cassette and chain a little rusty also. Otherwise, the ride has still been alright for me.

Thinking of sending my ride to New Era Cycle for servicing to check the various parts. Might even be interested to do a little upgrading."

New Era Cycle’s good thought.. Sure will help you do them repairs and upgrades. 

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Posted on: 12th Dec 2018 11:28 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kent.paulo:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by dexterchua: Thanks for the replies so far..

Thinking of sending my ride to New Era Cycle for servicing to check the various parts. Might even be interested to do a little upgrading."

New Era Cycle’s good thought.. Sure will help you do them repairs and upgrades. "

so far one of the friendly neighbourhood LBS visited. good services and advise.

Regular Forumer
1,341 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings