Topic: Scam Alert!!! Buy and sell

Posted on: 22nd Sep 2018 6:58 PM    Quote and Reply

For your attention!
Urgent!

I recently posted my bike for sale. A buyer with a overseas number contacted me thru whatsapp offering to buy my bike. 
An enquiry from an overseas number set my alarm bells ringing and i smelled  a rat. But i decided to play along and see where this goes.

We reached on a price and i asked for COD. But buyer requested for a bank transfer. And mentioned that he will send an agent to collect the bike. My alarms bells started to ring again. 

A day later he sent an email with the Bank statement on the agreeded payment.(mail went to spam). You are getting the drift ya...lol

But there was another  catch. He added SGD400 to the total sum. And for the bank (some shitty fake bank.Royal bank) to release the funds i need to transfer the 400 back to the bank. With a long explanation on security and stuff.... blah blah blah... 

So to cut a long story short.... my dear singaporeans pls be very alert and vigilant in your dealings with dodgy characters.  If you smell a rat...trust your instincts. 

I have attached some screen shots for your viewing. 

Aiya. A pity i cant attach attachement.

Feel free to send me a PM for the screenshots.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Sep 2018 9:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by juilian75: For your attention!
Urgent!

I recently posted my bike for sale. A buyer with a overseas number contacted me thru whatsapp offering to buy my bike. 
An enquiry from an overseas number set my alarm bells ringing and i smelled  a rat. But i decided to play along and see where this goes.

We reached on a price and i asked for COD. But buyer requested for a bank transfer. And mentioned that he will send an agent to collect the bike. My alarms bells started to ring again. 

A day later he sent an email with the Bank statement on the agreeded payment.(mail went to spam). You are getting the drift ya...lol

But there was another  catch. He added SGD400 to the total sum. And for the bank (some shitty fake bank.Royal bank) to release the funds i need to transfer the 400 back to the bank. With a long explanation on security and stuff.... blah blah blah... 

So to cut a long story short.... my dear singaporeans pls be very alert and vigilant in your dealings with dodgy characters.  If you smell a rat...trust your instincts. 

I have attached some screen shots for your viewing. 

Aiya. A pity i cant attach attachement.

Feel free to send me a PM for the screenshots.

"

Good Caution! Thanks for the info bro. Can let us know the username of this person? incase? so we are cautious about it and perhaps we can put these accounts into flagged so us admin can get them banned. These people just don't stop. We have controlled their postings. Ended their scheme as sellers. Now they're turning into buyers. 

Please take note of this everyone.. Don't fall into the scheme. 

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings