Topic: New to biking, advice?

Posted on: 4th Mar 2018 10:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Hey, I'm new to cycling (with bikes other than rented obikes). I'm currently trying to look for a road bicycle since it piqued my interest and I've no idea what to get even though I have a general idea of what the basic stuff to look out for is.

My height is about 180 to 183 cm and I'm looking for a road bike with a budget of about $300.

I'll appreciate any advice as to where I can get a bicycle that suits me or any general reccomendations.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 5th Mar 2018 10:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Not much good bikes u can get from your tight budget, BUT, theres a decent bike u can get from decathleon :

https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8389937_triban-100-road-bike.html#/74-200-m

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 17th Mar 2018 6:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Yes, this is really hard to find good bike cheaper than $ 300. But you can try to look for used bikes in  a good condition. This is really great method. I have bought my first bike like that and it was cheap and really great

I need to buy lifesmart 8 element infrared heater. Somebody can help me with that?
Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Posted on: 24th Apr 2018 5:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Used is the way to go around that budget. However, take along a friend who has some knowledge on bicycles and cycling in general to ensure you get a decent bicycle that first and foremost fits you and actually is worth the money. Best of luck in your search!

Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Apr 2018 1:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Moving from o-bikes to roadies might be too big a leap so IMHO if you are free drop by any Decathalon Store that sells BTWin road bikes and test ride for a feel of posture and repsonsiveness on dropbars/thinner tires?

Regular Forumer
170 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Apr 2018 6:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the advice. I've gotten myself a bike and it's working out pretty nicely.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts

Login to see your Forum Rankings